• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Maybe coronavirus will save us by getting the end of the season called off...? 

We should be so lucky!

The entire squad could go down with the flu and we'd still be expected to fulfil our fixtures. Remember the Blackburn game?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

We should be so lucky!

The entire squad could go down with the flu and we'd still be expected to fulfil our fixtures. Remember the Blackburn game?

Exactly - we're owed a bit of virus-based luck falling our way!

Leeds promotion cancelled too... what a tragedy. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, p_mards said:

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is obsessed with power and controls the media by keeping the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees toting the party lines. I don't blame the Evening Gazette sports team, it's just Gibson and the Club using their power to remove any meaningful scrutiny that the club have. The Club have got Neil Maddison on the payroll with his job within the club. Slaven got sacked in that role after becoming too outspoken. Gibson is doing everything in his power to avoid scrutiny. If he bothered to put the same robust practices that he puts into avoiding scrutiny, into organising the club into being successful on the pitch then we wouldn't be in this mess. There are many parallels between how the Club control the media and how the Tories get an easy ride from the right wing press. The only time when we've been successful in the past decade was when Karanka and Orta took control away from Gibson. Either side of Karanka being here we've wasted money on garbage signings and knee jerked between unsuccessful managers who were either unproven and unprepared to be a manager or dinosaur managers. I also don't like how when Karanka and Orta left Gibson got the Evening Gazette to launch a smear campaign on them. It was very dirty by Gibson.

The way I think Gibson views the club is that as he puts loads of millions into MFC then he can do whatever he wants. The mantra is basically that the fans are meaningless and that Gibson is infallible like a medieval King or Pope. I think the Club would be by far better off if there was more scrutiny of decisions, both within itself about appointments to senior positions, such as could anyone have warned Gibson about appointing Woodgate and Bevington into such influential positions?, and externally through the media; There were eyebrows raised on here about both those appointments, yet the club saw no issue and the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees didn't scrutinise the decisions. It has just endlessly produced propaganda on behalf of Woodgate and the club. We're teetering on the brink of relegation to League One, and its abundantly clear that Gibson is completely mismanaging the club. We desperately need a Director of Football in the Summer to take away the power from Gibson's incompetent hands. Hopefully we can somehow salvage this season so that we're not walking out as a League One side in August. It's incredibly worrying times.

Well done. A good, articulate comment. Refreshing to read a post that is well put together and free from puerile personal attacks.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Tory-bashing aside...its a pretty plausible explanation as to why the club is in such a mess. 👍

I think its been long enough now that Gibson should no longer be untouchable, just because he saved the club, over 30 years ago. He needs to start being held to account for some of the very strange and damaging decisions that have been made over the last 10 years or so.

The Tory bashing was my favourite part

• Like 5
2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Tory-bashing aside...its a pretty plausible explanation as to why the club is in such a mess. 👍

I think its been long enough now that Gibson should no longer be untouchable, just because he saved the club, over 30 years ago. He needs to start being held to account for some of the very strange and damaging decisions that have been made over the last 10 years or so.

It’s starting to annoy me that ‘super fans’ pull out the ‘new stadium/Eindhoven’ lines when they see any criticism of gibson.

Yes that was all amazing to experience but it was also a long time ago and we’ve stagnated ever since that uefa cup final and got alarmingly worse since we got rid of Southgate.

10 years we’ve spent now wasting money, hiring bad managers and generally going nowhere. It stands out like a sore thumb that our one successful period was the only brief time gibson have over some control to other people (kenyon and Karanka).

Look what’s happened since Karanka, orta and Kenyon left the scene, we’ve gone EXACTLY back to where we started. If anything we’ve gone backwards as by this time in 2014 Karanka had us out of trouble.

Lets not forget that in that time period close to (if not more than) £200m will have passed through the club. 
The people in charge CANNOT run the club and that has literally been PROVEN in the last 3 seasons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

We should be so lucky!

Hopefully the squad will avoid the virus, but if Woodgate could be persuaded to go into self isolation ............... for 14 days or so. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

It’s starting to annoy me that ‘super fans’ pull out the ‘new stadium/Eindhoven’ lines when they see any criticism of gibson.

Yes that was all amazing to experience but it was also a long time ago and we’ve stagnated ever since that uefa cup final and got alarmingly worse since we got rid of Southgate.

10 years we’ve spent now wasting money, hiring bad managers and generally going nowhere. It stands out like a sore thumb that our one successful period was the only brief time gibson have over some control to other people (kenyon and Karanka).

Look what’s happened since Karanka, orta and Kenyon left the scene, we’ve gone EXACTLY back to where we started. If anything we’ve gone backwards as by this time in 2014 Karanka had us out of trouble.

Lets not forget that in that time period close to (if not more than) £200m will have passed through the club. 
The people in charge CANNOT run the club and that has literally been PROVEN in the last 3 seasons.

I totally agree Eindhoven was great, but  it should have been the catalyst for this club to go onto greater things, instead we went back over. Despite being warned by just about everyone who knew anything about football management  that  appointing an inexperienced manager in charge of a PL club would end in disaster Gibson went ahead with it. Most people in any industry learn by their mistakes this fella doesn't.

I honestly believe Gibson who is one of those blokes who despite being in the game for many years hasn't got a clue.

• Like 3

brilliantpost earlier on mr mards btw ,agree with it completely. and its refreshing to see/read that Gibson isnt going to come through this unscathed as he really really shouldnt. We have slowly but surely become a pupprt sow of a club and Gibson is the puppet master supreme. theres the manager , the local media, the scouting team, back room staff and to a degree ,us the fans....all being controlled by gibsons strings. maybe a small section of the fans will choose to cut thier strings and though a few of the die cast followers and pro gibson zombieswill no doubt turn in thier graves at the mere thought of calling him out ,will pipe up religously in his acclaimand in support. after all didnt he single handedly save the cluband bankroll our glory period.  it needs putting in perspective imo for all that crdit he amassed you simply cant distance his immense level of blame in the current crisis. yes Woody is the worst manager in our history and wont nor cant get better but hes Gibsons puppet.  do you as a fan ,wish to be a puppet too ,hopefully not if youve any pride at al left in MFC.   it pains me to say it but we need a fresh start at the very top level of the club if we want the pain to ease and future success. weve changed managers aplenty with only one single successful choice in the last half dozen and that was the only one that any other bugger than SG HAD A SAY IN APPOINYTING.   

• Like 1

The old saying of 'what goes up must come down' is very apt for us. We have been up very briefly and now we're paying the price for total mismanagement of the club from the highest level. We are most definitely on the way down and as often happens, we might end up much further down than when we started.

We are the lowest scorers in the division and as someone already said further up the thread, if we don't score then the best we can expect is a 0-0 draw. Even these are out of our reach right now. It's like watching an animal die slowly and those that can do something about it just sit back and watch.

As usual in these situations, we'll be relying on other team's results to dictate our future and that's just ridiculous. If Steve Gibson thinks that i'll be BAU if we get relegated then he's lost it completely.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

I totally agree Eindhoven was great, but  it should have been the catalyst for this club to go onto greater things, instead we went back over. Despite being warned by just about everyone who knew anything about football management  that  appointing an inexperienced manager in charge of a PL club would end in disaster Gibson went ahead with it. Most people in any industry learn by their mistakes this fella doesn't.

I honestly believe Gibson who is one of those blokes who despite being in the game for many years hasn't got a clue.

See that’s the mega annoying thing, having Gibson with so much experience and willingness to reinvest the money should give us a huge advantage. Yet it doesn’t, if anything he’s spent more time acting like those billionaire owners who think you can throw money Around and wing it.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Essuuaitch said:

it pains me to say it but we need a fresh start at the very top level of the club if we want the pain to ease and future success. weve changed managers aplenty with only one single successful choice in the last half dozen and that was the only one that any other bugger than SG HAD A SAY IN APPOINYTING.   

Look at it from another way, those episodes of kitchen nightmares where Ramsay went to a restaurant that belonged in the 90s, on the wall are pictures of articles and awards from the 90s and you have the owner still clinging on to those times. First thing Ramsay does is tell him to either change or step aside.

• Like 1