oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Should Jonathan Woodgate be sacked?

Should Woodgate be sacked?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should Woodgate be sacked?

4 hours ago, Downsouth said:

It all falls on deaf ears anyway, we can moan and groan as much as we want to but nothing will have an impact.

The only action which would be noticed is mass walk outs and banners protesting outside the ground, something MFC fans have never done and will suggest will never do.

There is far too much of what SG did in 86 over riding the current situation and if we do stay up plenty of ammunition to get away from fans concerns and then start all over again with a clean slate 

You're probably right...but 35 years is an awfully long time to dine out on one act...even one as dramatic as saving the club from liquidation.

He should be mindful that many Boro fans were born long after that event and will have little, if any, appreciation for what he did.

Its sad that its come to this, but I really hope fans do start bringing banners and chanting for Gibson to quit. It may be extreme, but it seems it may be the only way to get through to him.

Besides that, I imagine it would be quite therapeutic for the fans, to be able to vocalise their frustration.

Just as long as we don't get to an Ed Woodward type of situation.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

There's been no indication that he's adapting or improving the situation, if we keep him on then there's a very real risk that he continues to flounder in League One.

I get that, but I'm just trying to reiterate that we have bigger issues at the club (higher up).

Here's the bottom line. This is a business. 

Woodgate's win percentage is 22.9. David O'Leary's win percentage was 49.7 when Leeds sacked him.

• Wow 2

45 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

Here's the bottom line. This is a business. 

Woodgate's win percentage is 22.9. David O'Leary's win percentage was 49.7 when Leeds sacked him.

I still can't get over the fact Southgate was sacked when he was:

13 games into the season, had won 7 (53.8% win ratio) and his last game in charge saw us beat Derby 2-0.

Then you look at whats going on now... 

• Like 1

We had a chance to get into the playoffs last season. Pretty much everyone recognised that a change of manager with 10 or so games to go would have given us a chance, and most recognised that even if we did get into the playoffs with the guy in charge, we didn't have the tactical noise to win promotion through them (see the previous season). The one man that didn't recognise any of this was the only person that could make that change. 

Mr Gibson is sleepwalking into relegation. Most recognise it. Again, the one man that doesn't is the one that could (and should) make the change. 

• Like 3

After the results of the last 7 days and looking at the league table it feels like Monday is make or break for Woodgate. 

If we lose again then surely we need to make a change to give a new manager half a chance of keeping us up. 

If Forest beat us and Woodgate stays then I can only conclude that Gibson has accepted relegation.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

There's been no indication that he's adapting or improving the situation, if we keep him on then there's a very real risk that he continues to flounder in League One.

I believe he is indicating the clubs structure and if the case wholeheartedly agree. Change has to be deep cleaning. 

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

After the results of the last 7 days and looking at the league table it feels like Monday is make or break for Woodgate. 

If we lose again then surely we need to make a change to give a new manager half a chance of keeping us up. 

If Forest beat us and Woodgate stays then I can only conclude that Gibson has accepted relegation.  

Yeah, Woodgate doesn't even have the excuse of easier games to come. The easiest run of the season, given the context of the table at the time, was Wigan, Luton and Barnsley and we got a single point from them. We need to get some wins and we need to beat anyone. Our remaining home games are against teams in the top half, barring QPR in 14th. We play 4 out of the 6 teams directly above us but away from home. The Charlton game next week is an excellent opportunity to drag us out of it if, as expected, we drop points to Forest. But would you put money on Woodgate winning it? Probably not. Even worse, what if he loses it and Charlton put 5 points between themselves and us? Ugh.