• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

8 hours ago, DanBoro93 said:

Emptying The Ground.png

This wasn't made by me as you know I've said previously I blame Gibson. But this is what happens, Woodys reputation is being torn down whilst others are allowed to get away with it.

By the way, how shockingly bad was the original tagline 'Break New Ground' what does it even mean?

By next season, we'll probably be playing the wee girl in glasses and the guy who looks like Tom Araya from Slayer as our strike partnership.  

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

By next season, we'll probably be playing the wee girl in glasses and the guy who looks like Tom Araya from Slayer as our strike partnership.  

Couldnt do much worse than our current strikers. 🤣

Of course he should be sacked. There is no improvement at all and the squad is way to good to be in the current position. The only positive thing to be said about Woodgates time here is that he has played some of the youngsters (who have done well) but he's now turned to benching them for clowns like Morrison and Johnson. He's proceded to the default action of any manager out of his depth by picking a formation and players out of a hat. He hasn't got a clue and everything he does looks completely random. I'd have any manager but Pulis right now.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DanBoro93 said:

Emptying The Ground.png

This wasn't made by me as you know I've said previously I blame Gibson. But this is what happens, Woodys reputation is being torn down whilst others are allowed to get away with it.

By the way, how shockingly bad was the original tagline 'Break New Ground' what does it even mean?

Based on our performances and results, I'd say failing harder than anyone has failed before.

Woodgate was a cheap gamble from a tired chairman. It really just comes down to survival now, and what gives us the best odds at staying in this league. For a club as directionless as Boro, I really do fear that relegation to League 1 would be a disaster.

Warnock kept Rotherham up, I think he could keep us up. Karanka maybe could too. Gibson needs to swallow his pride and get on the phone ASAP. If he wants rid of the club, at least leave us in the 2nd division, not the 3rd. 

• Like 7
14 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

No, he didn't plan to fail, his plan failed. The result of his failed plan is Woodgate being in charge of our football club and a new plan with him at the helm, a plan which many here seem to agree was destined to fail.

Woodgate isn't the 'project manager' at all. He picks the team, he decides the tactics, he does not decide how to run this football club.

Woody is the weak link in the plan. He has failed to deliver the results the project expected and as with any project you either change or if the project can’t fulfill its intended purpose, close the project. The obvious choice is to change Woody. 
The point being even if we look at what’s happened and forecast near and long term there is nothing to suggest Woody is learning that may influence and improve the outcome. 
Its not about Woody but about the club survival, and what ever the decision SG sees fit, I only hope we see improvement. 

33 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Woodgate was a cheap gamble from a tired chairman. It really just comes down to survival now, and what gives us the best odds at staying in this league. For a club as directionless as Boro, I really do fear that relegation to League 1 would be a disaster.

Warnock kept Rotherham up, I think he could keep us up. Karanka maybe could too. Gibson needs to swallow his pride and get on the phone ASAP. If he wants rid of the club, at least leave us in the 2nd division, not the 3rd. 

Any manager with an ounce of experience and a plan can keep us up.

47 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Any manager with an ounce of experience and a plan can keep us up.

Karanka come in and stabalised us before with no managerial experience. I think Gibson hoped the playing squad would mask the managerial team until they learned their trade.  It hasnt worked and needs recovering ASAP.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, TLF10 said:

The poster who mentioned Warnock wanting one more job to reach a milestone. Just found the article. He is 12 games short of reaching 1500 games as a manager. Said he would like a job to end of season to reach that milestone. We have 12 games between now and end of season.

Its almost as if it was meant to be...

Thanks mate. I knew I'd heard it somewhere and wasn't making it up - I just had no idea where to find it. Something about it had just made it lodge in my mind at the time.

Edit: and if it's 12 games, Gibson needs to act today to have him fully in place before Wednesday's match. I never thought there would be a time when I would want Warnock as our manager but he would keep us up. He isn't looking for a long term thing, so it would suit both sides - but only if Gibbo acts whilst there are still 12 matches left for him to manage. 

Edited by White Band
  • Like 1

I think the biggest problem for me, other than the awful results, is that it's happening with Woodgate in no way sticking to his guns with his vision of how we wants the team to play.

It's fair enough seeing it as a long term project where it's worth short term pain if there's actually any semblance of something being put in place, but it's a different starting line up in every single match and no clear style of play.

I think we'll be in the relegation zone by the end of Monday night, I'm not sure we'll get out of it.

6 of the starting 11 from Saturday are out of contract in the summer, so it's not playing with a view to the future.

• Like 1

I can't tell whether it's interesting or utterly empty to hear Shotton say Woodgate is 'the best manager he's ever worked with'. Obviously he's never gonna throw him under a bus but that shows some lack of character to so fundamentally lie like that for the sake of a few people thinking he might actually be alright. That is if he is lying.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I can't tell whether it's interesting or utterly empty to hear Shotton say Woodgate is 'the best manager he's ever worked with'. Obviously he's never gonna throw him under a bus but that shows some lack of character to so fundamentally lie like that for the sake of a few people thinking he might actually be alright. That is if he is lying.

Where/when did Shotton say that?