oneBoro Forum

Leeds game meet up

I’m looking for a meet-up with as many forum members as possible for the Leeds game on Wednesday. Our good friend @SmogDane and I are flying over for the game and have arranged to meet in the six medals at 17.30. Are there any takers? We would love to see as many of you as possible (yes even CT). Uwe? Fancy a whiskey at the bar? BU? Fancy a pint? Jimmy? You posted again recently? RR? You have not been on lately but fancy a drink?  Wilson? Like to say hello? Brunners? You about? DZ? Will your Dad let you out? Come on guys let’s get together in friendship 

Edited by Blanco
  • Thanks 1

Hey Blanco

As much as I’d love to grab a whiskey with you. I’m based too far south to make a weekday match. But gimme a bit of notice next time you’re over here and I’ll defo catch up then 👍

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Hey Blanco

As much as I’d love to grab a whiskey with you. I’m based too far south to make a weekday match. But gimme a bit of notice next time you’re over here and I’ll defo catch up then 👍

Sure will mate. I only decided last week to head over. I’m going to try get another one in before the season ends so I’ll let you know 👍

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I'm sure I'll be able to pop along for a bit. If only for the "an Irishman, an Englishman and a... err... Danishman walk into a pub" jokes...

It will be worth it just for that 😂

• Haha 1

Wish you and Sonni all the best Joe and like Uwe being a midweek match makes it that bit harder to do.

From experience it is the away games that are better for meet ups and with the fact that BD is over for it will try to arrange a Charlton meet up.

There was one year at Charlton that we had close to 20 members together.

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Wish you and Sonni all the best Joe and like Uwe being a midweek match makes it that bit harder to do.

From experience it is the away games that are better for meet ups and with the fact that BD is over for it will try to arrange a Charlton meet up.

I don’t get to too many away games Alan but will bear that in mind for the future. It would be nice to meet up with lots of forum members at the one time. Reading is one of the later games this season. Would there be an appetite from the members to meet up for that? Unfortunately Charlton is a bit too close to the Leeds fixture for me to make it.

Reading will be good as Brunners has promised to get to the game. Uwe, Ethers should be ok Rich, who has not posted for a while, possible Boro86 and Tom his son and maybe even Red Rocket. Yes could try that one as well.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Was that when Karanka didn't turn up and the Charlton fans kept stopping the game with tennis balls? I was at that one with you lot.

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Was that when Karanka didn't turn up and the Charlton fans kept stopping the game with tennis balls? I was at that one with you lot.

Are you around tomorrow for a pre match beer @wilsoncgp?

3 hours ago, Blanco said:

Are you around tomorrow for a pre match beer @wilsoncgp?

Maybe, will have to wait and see mate. I only work down the road from the Riverside so not much further to the Six Medals but I'm working 'til at least 6 and might want to get a couple more things done before I set off. Which stand are you gonna be in?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Maybe, will have to wait and see mate. I only work down the road from the Riverside so not much further to the Six Medals but I'm working 'til at least 6 and might want to get a couple more things done before I set off. Which stand are you gonna be in?

I’m in the North stand mate