oneBoro Forum

What is the Boro identity?

The boro breakdown podcast made a great reference to this. The player a boro fan wants to see is one who will just try and keep going. Put in some big tackles and wear their heart on their sleeve. 

Leadbitter - born a mackem and should be hated. Yet he is loved because he gave his all, bollocked people when needed and gave his all more often than not. 

Tuncay - loved because of his work rate. 

So that's the identity I think the fans want. And I think it's fair to ask for that personally. 

Why is Britt hated? Because hes lazy and rarely gives his all. Gestede? Same issue really. 

They also went on to say how our current boro team is one that is lacking a reliability to the fans and the disconnect grows. 

Who ever is in charge of the summer rebuild, that's what they want to bring in. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

The boro breakdown podcast made a great reference to this. The player a boro fan wants to see is one who will just try and keep going. Put in some big tackles and wear their heart on their sleeve. 

Leadbitter - born a mackem and should be hated. Yet he is loved because he gave his all, bollocked people when needed and gave his all more often than not. 

So that's the identity I think the fans want. And I think it's fair to ask for that personally. 

Why is Britt hated? Because hes lazy and rarely gives his all. Gestede? Same issue really. 

They also went on to say how our current boro team is one that is lacking a reliability to the fans and the disconnect grows. 

Sadly it is the whoever is in charge that needs a rebuild!

two recent posts by BWS AND MBP have just about hit the nail on the head as to where were lacking and failing. id put it as a mix of both posts reasoning. what were needing is a player or two to put themselves about in midfield a,la hamilton, glover and prior to that souness they will get a good section of the crowd back onside through sheer endevour and commitment.addd to this we are and have been for yonks, desperately missing a maverick type attack minded midfielder that can give us around 15 assists a season and get the crowd on thier feet. adama was a low level version ,very much a project but tomlin was the last player that fit the role. we need to show bravery in our play in as much as that one or two players need to stop playing the easy pass and start attempting the more adventourous toch. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

This is what kind of annoys me about our fans, we’ve had some really good players never really click with our fans because they don’t ‘put it about’ and some truly overrated ones because they do get stuck in. If we built a team of leadbitter types we wouldn’t get very far I’m afraid.