oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 0-1

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

(Thought I’d go with a western theme as its apt for those cowboys masquerading as footballers)

Well this Wednesday the (Once) mighty Boro take on the Dirty Leeds at the Theater of Nightmares. After witnessing two of the worst displays of football against some of the leagues worst performing teams we host High Flying Leeds who seemed to have gotten over their own blip with back to back wins against Reading and Bristol City respectively.

Fortress Weakness Riverside

Time

High Noon (It has to be noon somewhere but locally its 1945hrs)

With our own General Custer preparing to pit his wits against a foreign opponent Woody will be frantically spinning the wheel of misfortune and throwing over-sized darts at photo boards to come up with a team selection and formation to ensure we don’t suffer our own annihilation similar to the Battle of Little Bighorn. Can he do it? Personally I think you have a better chance of winning a game of Russian roulette with a fully loaded six shooter

Players Out

Boro                Type of Injury                                    

Ayala               Shot himself in the foot (Rather than hold the defense together)     

Dijksteel          Rawhide (From being left on his ass so much)          

Roberts           Pack Horse syndrome (For carrying the team since his arrival

Dael Fry          Prolapsed rectum (From seeing what the midfield are up too)

Words From The Head Coach

Dipugferw87ft NOT MY FAULT dgg8ggcug THEY DON’T LISTEN suycgduygcdubdu

Dhcvduvcducv YOUNG LADS ARE TO BLAME udybdfubvfiuvidfvnnkdn

Words from the Assistant Coach

I played against Maldini ya know……. Situation

Latest Odds

Boro         9/2

Draw        14/5

Leeds       13/20

(In short if you bet £20 on a Boro win, you lose £20)

Uwe’s Thoughts

THE BAD --This game is going to be an absolute horror show.  Leeds high energy, pressing and closing-down game plan will turn our disjointed rag tag (but expensive) bunch of misfits totally inside out.

The Ugly – The score line could be absolutely anything (Id be happy to keep it to 4 or under)

However

The Good – If its true that Steve Gibson will be attending the bloodbath he witnesses might be the incentive he needs to pull the rip cord on Woody. Not that I want us to lose as I would (adopt Kevin Keegan voice) Love it if we beat them, but every cloud and all that

A View from the other side

No matchday thread as yet but can be found here when its up and running.

https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Important Questions

Can Boro get anything from the game?

Strongest Team/Formation?

Will Woody still be here after the International break?

Why do you hate Leeds?

Why aren’t people that order steak ‘Well Done’ sent straight to prison?

Over to you guys and girls!!!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

Great thread Uwe.

I’ll try and answer your important questions:

Can Boro get anything from the game? Yes, they can get beaten  

Strongest Team/Formation? Leeds

Will Woody still be here after the International break? I expect so, he likes being the manager and Gibbo won’t want to upset him.

Why do you hate Leeds? I don’t hate Leeds, but I’m not overly keen on the traffic system in the town centre.

Why aren’t people that order steak ‘Well Done’ sent straight to prison? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone order a steak since the early 80’s. 

• Haha 2

Looks like a drubbing on paper but it's also the type of game where I can imagine our players raising their game for once. 

I'd accept a 5-0 defeat if it brought the end of the Woodgate regime. 

They're miles above us as a team.

Woodgate needs a miracle of a point or a win to save his job. I think the players might raise their game but still can't see anything other than a loss.

1) Knowing us we will. Leeds havent been scoring boat loads lately. They like to counter attack and as we dont attack it might nullify that threat.

2) For me I would go 4231 and try to keep it solid.

3) Really dont know about Woody. 2 home defeats this week and the crowd on his back should be the end.

4) I cant say I have ever hated Leeds. West Ham, Sunderland and Newcastle are teams I really dislike. Sorry.

5) Thats just extreme really. You shouldn’t have blood on your plate.

6 hours ago, Uwe said:

Can he do it? Personally I think you have a better chance of winning a game of Russian roulette with a fully loaded six shooter

Knowing Boro, they'd still manage to miss. 

I think we'll get torn a new one on Wednesday.  A far cry from the game we played against them in the snow a couple of years ago when bamford scored a brace (for us). We were great that night. 

2-0 Leeds 😞

11 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

5) Thats just extreme really. You shouldn’t have blood on your plate.

Good job it's not blood then.

I like my steak medium rare. Rare if I'm feeling a bit sassy.

We'll lose this. We might win it if we can get a single shot on target and somehow all the Leeds players forget what a football is.

Wishful thinking comes to mind, suddenly Boro turn it on and Leeds below par, yes wishful thinking.

Previously stated I would be extremely miffed if we do produce a great display (though probably thankful at the time) because it will make me question just what has gone on since our last win.

Are we due a win?

Sorry I think the current bad run will continue hopefully though we will not be embarrassed by having our "asses" kicked though depending on performance we may want to kick our own "Ass"

45 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Wishful thinking comes to mind, suddenly Boro turn it on and Leeds below par, yes wishful thinking.

Previously stated I would be extremely miffed if we do produce a great display (though probably thankful at the time) because it will make me question just what has gone on since our last win.

Are we due a win?

Sorry I think the current bad run will continue hopefully though we will not be embarrassed by having our "asses" kicked though depending on performance we may want to kick our own "Ass"

We may get our ar$es kicked, but we won't  get our asses kicked, even if we are playing like donkeys.

In all honesty I think a 2-0 loss here would probably be a 'good' result and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got beat by 5 or 6. It is going to be a toxic environment for our players, who are underperforming as it is. Even though the younger players have been better, I would actually be inclined to play the more experienced ones because I don't think tomorrow night will be a good environment and I would prefer to keep the youngest ones out of the toxicity as far as possible. I have no confidence in Woody's ability to support the young players through it in a way which helps them develop rather than losing confidrnce. I don't think the Riverside or town will be pleasant places tomorrow night. 

Steak - no thank you. Would prefer some chicken.