Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

I find it amazing that we are supposedly having a transitional season yet Beilsa transformed Leeds within one season. That says it all for me with regards to Woodgates coaching ability. Yes Beilsa is more experienced etc.. But I think it's easy to just use the Woodgate is a rookie excuse. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Spence was left out at the weekend due to a disciplinary decision.

I'm guessing that must have been on the day if him and his shirt were at the ground like someone on here said. Like, it must have been after the kit-man hung it up. I'm guessing he wasn't in the team and maybe he kicked off a bit, especially after the ovation he got against Luton (I'm making *** up here but y'know).

Doesn't explain why Coulson didn't play though.

11 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I find it amazing that we are supposedly having a transitional season yet Beilsa transformed Leeds within one season. That says it all for me with regards to Woodgates coaching ability. Yes Beilsa is more experienced etc.. But I think it's easy to just use the Woodgate is a rookie excuse. 

And people on this forum were laughing at the Bielsa appointment as well. 

47 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers.

Woodgate is locally renowned as a bit of a tit and has spent a season and a half sat behind Poolis. He's been cited by Steve Gibson as being 'really, really cheap'. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
52 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I can't believe you're comparing the two situations and are so blasé about the difference in experience, to be honest. The difference is huge.

Bielsa:

Screenshot_20200226-111047.thumb.png.fa31b9b67a32ca99ab5d5a71a9d48d29.png

Woodgate:

Screenshot_20200226-111203.thumb.png.b7a269fea9c0a20d5cb2608383f82ff6.png

3 hours ago, northern boro said:

Spence was left out at the weekend due to a disciplinary decision.

Hmm, I wonder if this ties in with what SDS said on one of the other threads about some of the younger lads having a pop at some of the more experienced ones on Saturday?  Let's say hypothetically that Spence was dropped to the bench initially but then voiced his displeasure at it so was then dropped completely.  Coulson was also dropped to the bench but kept his own counsel so stayed on the bench. After the game a few of them decided to say their piece just as Spence had done perhaps?

Wilson, I would guess they are expecting a lot of Leeds fans tonight.  I don't know if they've already sold out their allocation or not but if they have then that will be Boro attempting to keep them out of the home end.  Probably a good idea.

Woodgate is demanding a much-improved performance against United. 

See the difference, a Boss is (demanding) were as a Leader is (planning).. 

“Without question, the last two games have been very disappointing,” he admitted. “They were games we thought we could win but didn’t, but that just shows the nature of this league. 

No, it just proves what he thought was fit for purpose was not. Basically he thought he could beat other teams, thereby overrating his ability while underestimating the opponent. 

“It’s a really difficult league, and anyone can take points off anyone. It’s been shown this season; QPR beat Leeds, Barnsley beat Fulham, Hull beat Fulham.

Here is were he believes anyone can take points off anyone but statistics prove we have not and can't.  

“Misery makes phone-ins, misery makes forums.

I can't comment on this one.. 

We can slag Woody off no end, but I think he believes everything he states and for that I give him credit. Look he is either stupid or a genius we have yet to see, so for some rather strange reason Im going for a 1 goal win.. UTB.  

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1