oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 0-1

Well...we lost...which wasn't a surprise.

We lost by just the odd goal...which probably WAS a surprise to most (me included).

Annoyingly, the players decided to make an effort for this one. On the one hand I want to say, "Well done - at least you tried". On the other I want to say, "Where the *** was that effort against Wigan and Luton?"

I think the best that can be said is that at least we tried. Sadly Leeds just looked in a different league (and soon will be). Their speed of thought, passing, movement off the ball, effort to win it back and just general cohesive team play, was far superior to anything Boro could muster.

We did at least manage a couple of shots on target...which is about 2 more than we managed in our last 2 games combined.

Unfortunately, the fact we lost by a narrow margin, combined with a slightly improved performance, will probably be the straw both Woody and Gibson cling to, as a sign that things are on the up.

Me? I'm not convinced.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 3
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

Huffing and puffing but surly this is a team with relegation written all over it. 
I’ll give some credit because the score line is better than I imagined it would be. 
The crowd says everything about the club and the empty seats must surly send a message. Woody is out of his tactical depth and unless there is some devine intervention we are favorite for the drop. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, White Band said:

Woody won't go whatever. Both he and Gibson are too proud to admit that it isn't working and Woody is totally out of his depth.

Perhaps it is time the fans left?

With Boro playing Monday this might give Woody a few more days yet due to the "much better" performance 

Just now, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain - do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.

I'm sure this is what Boro are going through right now.

No, we're just ***. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

At what point does the penny drop with Steve Gibson that this isn't working?

I daresay it dropped a while ago (unless he really is that stupid) - its just that he doesn't have a Plan B.

48 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

0 shots on target isnt great tbh mate first half. Its nothing new, we have had bright spells in the games we have lost recently

0 shots on target against Leeds is a bit different than against Luton and Barnsley though. It's not great in any game but Leeds' defence individually and collectively are better than Barnsley and Luton.

Final third was rubbish, subs did nothing for us. When you're trying to break down teams you might need something like a Morrison and once again, he remains on the bench. Turning out to be as useless as when we signed Harrison on loan. If he's not gonna play then what was the point in signing him? As soon as we brought Saville off, changed to 2 up front, the ball never stuck, even moreso when Fletcher had to go off.

It is just frustrating as we were in the fight. Leeds had their chances but I don't think it's a shock they only won by 1 goal as we did work hard to try and stop them.

Pears man of the match, followed by Shotton who made some great tackles throughout.

• Like 2

How has Woodgate turned a 7th placed Championship side that was kinda on par with Leeds into what has to be the worst Boro side ever in 35 games 😌 yet will most likely still be in the dugout on Monday night

• Like 2

Worst form.  Worst goal scoring record.  Can't score against Luton, who've shipped 70 goals.  No wins in 9 games.  No shots on target several games on the trot.

It's indefensible.  Unlike our attack.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

0 shots on target against Leeds is a bit different than against Luton and Barnsley though. It's not great in any game but Leeds' defence individually and collectively are better than Barnsley and Luton.

Final third was rubbish, subs did nothing for us. When you're trying to break down teams you might need something like a Morrison and once again, he remains on the bench. Turning out to be as useless as when we signed Harrison on loan. If he's not gonna play then what was the point in signing him? As soon as we brought Saville off, changed to 2 up front, the ball never stuck, even moreso when Fletcher had to go off.

It is just frustrating as we were in the fight. Leeds had their chances but I don't think it's a shock they only won by 1 goal as we did work hard to try and stop them.

Pears man of the match, followed by Shotton who made some great tackles throughout.

frustrating is the word mate definitely. i thought shotton too. stopped most stuff tonight, and made some great tackles. we just have to pick up points. 

12 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain - do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.

I'm sure this is what Boro are going through right now.

What We have a big pair of tits??

• Haha 1

Will the real SG stand up. This is a team that was challenging for the play offs only to be handed to a tea boy and have the lowest goal scoring record and lowest amount of wins. A team who has managed 2 shots on target in 3 games now tell me again it’s all going to plan. 

• Like 1