Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

There was some fight tonight but very little quality. Leeds were poor which probably made us look better than we were. We can't score, that's the top and bottom of it, near misses don't count. I can't fathom what Gibson's plan is, if he he has one. The reality of relegation will be a decimated squad, home crowds under 10K with a massive loss of revenue. 

This isn't the way to let a rookie manager find his feet, it'll likely destroy Woodgate as a manger too.

• Like 1

To be honest this season has the feeling similar to that of Ipswich last season in the championship, in which they gutted their team tried to make it on league 1/2 quality players with a young manager and then subsequently got relegated. Only real difference I can see is we kept some of our senior players, and our manager is a total and complete novice. If we go down we will be right up the proverbial creek especially with contracts expiring and a wage bill still exceptionally high 

• Like 1

We deserve to be relegated to League One for Gibson’s incompetence since relegation from the Premier League. His decision to appoint Woodgate, and continue with him, would not be accepted by any half competent owner of a football club within the Championship. We’re merely Gibson’s toy to give his pals within football jobs that no one else would give them. We’re not a serious football club.

• Like 5
Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

Yes but packed him off in January and the only other possibility Patrick Reading sold as well.

I know. I was being facetious. I think it is pretty obvious though that we have dodged a bullet by not allowing him to bring a left back in. He cannot identify decent players. His appraisal of the squad he inherited was that it was full of goals and had the pace and intelligence to play an attacking, pressing game. Boro rangers is his level.

Just now, TAPOUT said:

I know. I was being facetious. I think it is pretty obvious though that we have dodged a bullet by not allowing him to bring a left back in. He cannot identify decent players. His appraisal of the squad he inherited was that it was full of goals and had the pace and intelligence to play an attacking, pressing game. Boro rangers is his level.

I agree. How can he be trusted to build for next season, whichever league we are in. There has probably never been such a massive replacement of playing staff in the history of the club?

• Like 1

Can see it getting very nasty the closer we get to relegation, there’s no way in hell we should be anywhere near League 1.

Said last season I’d lost faith in Gibson and most weren’t on the same page, which I don’t blame people for necessarily. Some of the decisions made by Gibson and the club at the minute are simply mind boggling, no words to describe them. 

I don’t think a banner would ever be taken into the riverside against SG and I don’t think there should be out of respect for what he’s done, but on the same hand he won’t do anything himself so some action needs to be taken 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I agree. How can he be trusted to build for next season, whichever league we are in. There has probably never been such a massive replacement of playing staff in the history of the club?

It's not just woody but can you trust any of the recruitment team. 

Even this window we have a lad from City who looks good but the rest are either absent or at best so so.

Cant believe the little money we had was spent on a keeper who cant make the squad

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I know. This has been a complete waste of a season from a squad building perspective. If the ones he bought last summer come back they have to be reintegrated into the squad if good enough. No style of play for them to fit into. New players coming in, and with no set style of play how do you identify the squads strengths and weaknesses to identify targets. Its a bit like my lads sunday league team.

• Sad 1