oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 0-1

3 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I know. This has been a complete waste of a season from a squad building perspective. If the ones he bought last summer come back they have to be reintegrated into the squad if good enough. No style of play for them to fit into. New players coming in, and with no set style of play how do you identify the squads strengths and weaknesses to identify targets. Its a bit like my lads sunday league team.

Who’s managing it? Does he fancy a job?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

If we are relegated then who do we lose? Britt, Howson, Ayala, Clayton, Gestede ? with plenty of the younger talent being picked off for peanuts. If the Championship is a hrad division to gain promotion from then League 1 can't be any easier. There are plenty of clubs who have been up in the PL or Championship i recent years like Bolton, Sunderland, Ipswich, Coventry,etc

Our demographic geographically means our home support will halve or less depending on who we're playing. To do nothing to try to stop the current rot highlights a real flaw in Gibson's business acumen.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Boro Scot said:

If we are relegated then who do we lose? Britt, Howson, Ayala, Clayton, Gestede ? with plenty of the younger talent being picked off for peanuts. If the Championship is a hrad division to gain promotion from then League 1 can't be any easier. There are plenty of clubs who have been up in the PL or Championship i recent years like Bolton, Sunderland, Ipswich, Coventry,etc

Our demographic geographically means our home support will halve or less depending on who we're playing. To do nothing to try to stop the current rot highlights a real flaw in Gibson's business acumen.

Perhaps Gibson is looking for an out?

His gamble with Woodgate hasnt worked. But he is too stubborn to hold his hands up and admit he was wrong and will double down. 

I'd ever there was a time to get rid it was after the 3 games vs the bottom 3. 

Gibson is now banking on picking up some wins just enough to keep us in the division next year. 

Hes shown blind loyalty to Southgate, Agnew and now Woodgate in the last 10 years. 2/3 ended in relegation...

I'm telling you now, Woodgate will not get sacked and replaced. Gibson will still think that even under Woodgate in L1, we would come up fighting with Woodgate at the helm. 

8 minutes ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Who’s managing it? Does he fancy a job?

He is better than woodgate in some respects but also changes his team every match. Maybe that’s because we all pay subs for the pleasure of seeing our kids play.

I don’t think it’s really hit me yet, when thinking about genuinely being a league 1 team. 
The club as a whole is too good to be in this position. 
The inept decisions from the hierarchy and management have done this, and it’s us, the fans, the community, who will suffer the most. Players will *** off, coaching staff will *** off, and Gibson will continue to do nothing to fix the club. However it would be hard for him considering it’s him that is the underlying problem.
Truly how many decisions has he got wrong, setting us back years and years. 
It is so sad how fans can do nothing about it, apart from sit back and watch it fall in front of our eyes 😞 

• Like 1

it's got to the point where it's almost a marriage that's descended in to irreconcilable differences. Gibson has made so many bad decisions over the last 3 years that he's now almost scared to make a positive decision. Better the devil you know, even if it hurts every time we lose and you can see some positives in defeat. 

I guess the Netflix vultures will circling with the scent of another big club going down especially with the almost incestuous relationship between Chairman and local boy , ex player.

I don't think there are many who wouldn't back Gibson right now if he sacked Woody and took a punt on an experienced dinosaur to just keep us up short term.

1 hour ago, BillinghamBoro said:

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we didn't expect it but we'll get behind Woodgate and the team and bring us back to the championship". Honestly this season has been such a disaster, even from the carabao cup game I knew this was going to go belly up. 

I'm genuinely just sick of the club right now, the amateurish way we're ran, a chairman stuck in the 90's, a press that are sh*t scared of criticising the club and the chairman, a delusional manager, a playing staff that don't care, years upon years upon years of terrible terrible management. 

Absolutely terrible. 

I don't see it getting any better in league one either with our current set up.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Jw confirms he feels Coulson is naturally a left winger and has been playing LB simply because Friend been injured.

Yet when he was at lb/lwb we looked a pretty good team but no we can’t be having that, let’s change the formation, swap half the players about and drop the 2 best players from those games.

hurrr tav isn’t a winger durrr let’s play him there anyway.

5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Yet when he was at lb/lwb we looked a pretty good team but no we can’t be having that, let’s change the formation, swap half the players about and drop the 2 best players from those games.

hurrr tav isn’t a winger durrr let’s play him there anyway.

we sent our right winger out on loan because he was ***, the the loaned rw got injured, then nmecha played a bit and we realised he is turd. so its either paddy or tav going on the wing. unless johnson and coulson play rw and lw together.

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

we sent our right winger out on loan because he was ***, the the loaned rw got injured, then nmecha played a bit and we realised he is turd. so its either paddy or tav going on the wing. unless johnson and coulson play rw and lw together.

britt and fletcher up front, howson or spence rwb, tav in the middle where he was doing well. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

With Fletcher and Friend injured, we'll be seeing even more changes on Monday.

Don't really want to see George  playing for us anymore, he has lost it totally.

Food for thought I do not imagine for one moment that Ben Gibson will be donning a Boro shirt if we do go down

• Like 1

I enjoyed the game tonight tbh, despite it being freezing. I thought we went toe to toe with Leeds for the most part and could have quite easily nicked a goal or maybe even two on a different night.

I'm not ready to completely write Woodgate off just yet - I think until he's had a proper chance to balance the squad to his liking over the summer & also get rid of all the various high earners (who've been pretty uninspired for several managers over several years now), it's kinda difficult to judge the poor bugger.

He's clearly not doing a fantastic job, but I think a lot of managers would have struggled with us this season - espescially given the task of relying on youth and completely overhauling the playing style, but with pretty much the same core group.. All the young players will be a season better next year and hopefully the same will go for Woodgate. Assuming we make some positive moves/changes to the squad over the summer, we can start to build from there.

Although I appreciate that it's fashionable to be negative on this forum, so with that said; Woodgate out!

Edited by chickenlunch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1