oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 0-1

8 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

I enjoyed the game tonight tbh, despite it being freezing. I thought we went toe to toe with Leeds for the most part and could have quite easily nicked a goal or maybe even two on a different night.

I'm not ready to completely write Woodgate off just yet - I think until he's had a proper chance to balance the squad to his liking over the summer & also get rid of all the various high earners (who've been pretty uninspired for several managers over several years now), it's kinda difficult to judge the poor bugger.

He's clearly not doing a fantastic job, but I think a lot of managers would have struggled with us this season - espescially given the task of relying on youth and completely overhauling the playing style, but with pretty much the same core group.. All the young players will be a season better next year and hopefully the same will go for Woodgate. Assuming we make some positive moves/changes to the squad over the summer, we can start to build from there.

Although I appreciate that it's fashionable to be negative on this forum, so with that said; Woodgate out!

Yes I would agree with this if mid table like a month ago but as now we are heading league one we have to cut losses sack Woodgate get a Warnock in to keep us in the Championship. As if we get league one football it's a very long way back!

• Like 1
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

Well I can give you my opinion in one word after watching that trash last night and that is "Dire".

I am still baffled after a season coaching these "So called strikers" that Robbie Keane still as not found a combination or system to get them playing together.

We could honestly have had 6 forwards out there last night and played a 3-1-6 and still those 6 would have been running around like headless chickens without any idea of how to put the ball in the net.

No matter how many pass's were going into that last 3rd area Boro were never going to score a goal this side of Good Friday.

"DIRE."

• Like 1

I agree it was much, much better but we were still so far behind Leeds it was an indication of how far we have fallen. The team would still need to improve in all games until the season end to get the points tally to survive and I don’t see that happening. Facts are facts, 2 shots on target in 3 games, 8 wins and the lowest amount of goals in the league. Facts!

Boro were better in this game than they have been most of the season and still could not flow or string passes. They huffed and puffed, and they ran about but there was no shape or form. 

i don’t take any heart from the game because it was obvious Leeds were not having a good day but still ran us ragged, still found gaps and cantered to a win. 

Don’t expect the same from Forrest, oh no, they are coming for all 3 points and the slaughter could be embarrassing. 

With 11 games to go its to late to bring anyone in simply the team won’t adjust in the time left. Players know they have just 11 games left before packing up and moving on. Most will be booking holidays and removal vans. 
The only question SG has, do I support Woody hoping we survive and save face, drop him put the coach in charge and hope. As obvious Woody will be staying. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1

If Woodgate is at the pc then he will not be leaving, never heard of a Manager announcing his own departure or sacking.

Usually a statement first of parting of the ways and a formal announcement to the press and interview by the likes of Gibson 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, chickenlunch said:

I enjoyed the game tonight tbh, despite it being freezing. I thought we went toe to toe with Leeds for the most part and could have quite easily nicked a goal or maybe even two on a different night.

I'm not ready to completely write Woodgate off just yet - I think until he's had a proper chance to balance the squad to his liking over the summer & also get rid of all the various high earners (who've been pretty uninspired for several managers over several years now), it's kinda difficult to judge the poor bugger.

He's clearly not doing a fantastic job, but I think a lot of managers would have struggled with us this season - espescially given the task of relying on youth and completely overhauling the playing style, but with pretty much the same core group.. All the young players will be a season better next year and hopefully the same will go for Woodgate. Assuming we make some positive moves/changes to the squad over the summer, we can start to build from there.

Although I appreciate that it's fashionable to be negative on this forum, so with that said; Woodgate out!

He's not doing a vaguely competent job, never mind fantastic.  As to toe to toe; Leeds would have had 3 if Bamford was competent.  We barely threatened.

I think we all accept that this was to be a season of transition but over the course of 40 odd games you expect to see some sort of progression.  We are no better now than we were at the beginning of the season and there's an argument to be made that we are actually worse, that whatever coaching, tactics, management Woody and his team are putting out has us steadily deteriorating.

Worst form, worst goalscoring, no wins in 9, can't win against the worst of the division, can't organise a team to even register an attack against Luton, who have shipped 70 goals.  

There's nothing to suggest that he can identify players of worth to rebalance his team; his three individually selected summer signings have all failed to impress and his loan signings have achieved nothing (Nmecha in particular is poor).

• Like 2

I thought Leeds were poor last night, nothing impressive about them, Bamford especially was anonymous.

Which makes it all the more frustrating that the only time we tested their keeper was a long distance pop shot.

We're struggling badly, and it's entirely down to our own performances rather than simply being outclassed.

Forest were mediocre at their place, I don't imagine they'll be much better here, but I still have very little confidence in us getting a result.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

What's with the press conference today? Strange to have one the day after the game is it not? Our next game is not until monday

It was already penned in. Lot can happen between now and then, and even Monday though.