Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, macapes said:

How?

The 11 games is not enough for an incoming manager to assess and change tactics and mentally. The players are out of contract and moving on. Basically it’s to late for change to be effective. I now think the plan was, Woody comes in, we remain in the league, run out the contracts, rebuild with Woody to remain a championship club the town can afford. It’s over mate.. 

The main issue I see with sacking Woodgate now, if his replacement isn't temporary, is that if we still go down the new manager will have the fact he failed to keep us up already blighting his reputation. That the damage was largely already done won't change that.

Look at Tony Mowbray, he took over a Blackburn that looked dead and buried and managed to get them plenty of points up till the last day of the season and they unfortunately went down on goal difference on the day, that they were almost certain to go down before he took over didn't stop some fans blaming him for it. Luckily he brought them straight back up and is continuing to do a good job.

Huddersfield's previous manager, Jan Siewert, came in when they were certain to go down from the PL, and he couldn't change it, but the numerous defeats on the way down completely drained any goodwill from the fanbase and players before they'd even kicked a ball in the Championship, he couldn't halt the slide when they did.

It's possible that the same thing could happen with us.

I'd give it to Warnock till the end of the season, if he was willing, and then see where we stand from there.

18 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

With 11 games to go its to late for change. The players see the 11 games as count down to departure, a break and are focused on booking holidays, removal vans and house hunting. It’s over guys. The dark cloud has being building and hovering over the riverside for some seasons and it’s about to drop its load and wash away any sense of belonging or hope. 
The merry go round creaked and groaned but was ignored and now it’s finally broken down. What was once an ambitious club envied by many is now just a shell of its former glory. 
I don’t see Woody leaving now would make any difference, fact it could get worse. 

I dont agree its too late for a change or that a change would make it worse. If we get someone like Warnock in until end of season i reckon he would get enough of a "new manager bounce" to see us safe. We imo need 4 wins and a few draws from last 11 games to be safe and i reckon a change in management would see that

• Like 1

What we need is a 5 year plan.  Chuckle chuckle..  we are knackered..  Gibson and the entire lot need to just have a word with themselves and ask 'should I, do I want to do this anymore?'.  Maybe he wants to but we just can't compete at high levels anymore due to the financial cost to us.  If that's the case, then yeah league 1 is about right for us.

7 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Bloody hell.  Go outside and smile mate, it's only football.  I agree it's all crap though

I’m well awear of what it is and where we are and adjusted accordingly years ago. So basicaly I don’t let it get to me anymore, I have more important things to do that I enjoy, however I do like the forum banter. Oh and I smile a great deal after all my teeth cost a packet and I like to show them off. Sometimes I look like a bulldog with wind but the grandchildren love me.. 

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

The 11 games is not enough for an incoming manager to assess and change tactics and mentally. The players are out of contract and moving on. Basically it’s to late for change to be effective. I now think the plan was, Woody comes in, we remain in the league, run out the contracts, rebuild with Woody to remain a championship club the town can afford. It’s over mate.. 

It's quarter of a season.  None of that explains how it could be worse than what we currently have, which is the worst form in the league, lowest goals scored.

As it stands, I suspect any competent manager could choose a formation that we have the players for, pick a consistent starting 11 and at least provide a chance.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I’m well awear of what it is and where we are and adjusted accordingly years ago. So basicaly I don’t let it get to me anymore, I have more important things to do that I enjoy, however I do like the forum banter. Oh and I smile a great deal after all my teeth cost a packet and I like to show them off. Sometimes I look like a bulldog with wind but the grandchildren love me.. 

Funny that is, I don't get bothered by it all anymore.  Totally used to the disappointment anyway.

52 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Definite talks but their is no sign of change.. or so I'm being told.

Think I might look for jobs at Bulkhaul. Then never show up to work and just go play golf every day. Seems like Gibbo is adverse to sacking people!

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Funny that is, I don't get bothered by it all anymore.  Totally used to the disappointment anyway.

Like my quest to watch Quest on a Saturday night, seemingly not going to happen so a new crusade is needed

• Like 1

I'm currently just feeling resigned to us being in League One next season. The likes of Huddersfield, Wigan, Luton and Barnsley have upped their game - their managers have doubled down their efforts and found ways of making things work and inspiring their players. Woodgate hasn't given us a single hope that he's capable of doing that for us. I've rarely seen a manager so lacking in intelligence in the decisions he makes in team selections and during games.

Either way though, we need a new manager. Someone who we will have faith in to build something regardless of what division we're in. Jonathan Woodgate simply isn't that man.

I usually pride myself on my ability to see the positives where Boro are concerned. I've not been able to do that with Woodgate at any point.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Like my quest to watch Quest on a Saturday night, seemingly not going to happen so a new crusade is needed

After 35 years working overseas I’ve been back a year adjusting to being cast aside because of age. I’m job seeking with not much look but enjoying adjusting to live in the UK. I have a lot less pressure and spending time with family, what could be better. Now if I could be blessed with a large lottery payout it would be icing on the cake. Live life, be happy..