oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 0-1

Surely any decent manager could keep us safe, given 11 games and our current squad? It's not rocket science. Tell the players they're playing for their shirts or to impress potential other clubs, teach them the basics about holding and moving, pick a fixed formation and stick to it. Even a few new ideas might help to drain the sump of confusion that seems to be drowning our players every time they get the ball. And absolutely no 60-yard punts to the opposition keeper - the next player who does that cleans the bogs for a week.

If we went down, the new manager's reputation would be damaged, sure. But I bet loads of managers would love the chance to keep us up and be the hero.

• Like 1
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

Huddersfield play Charlton

Stoke play Luton

Wigan play West Brom

There's some favourable fixtures for us this weekend, if West Brom play as you'd hope, we could gain some ground by somehow scraping some points on Monday.

20 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Well. Boro are in court today could be forced to pay £2million as part of the Kike deal if they lose. Can't see Gibbo having the cash to sack Woody if we lose.

Na we are minted. Can afford a £1million keeper to not even make the squad. UTB

6 minutes ago, CWC said:

If anyone would be in a position to know it’d be McMahon, he’s on the unofficial coaching staff. 

There’s also Neil Maddison, Dimi, Ben Gibson etc so there are plenty of ex players who could be in a position to know.

43 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Huddersfield play Charlton

Stoke play Luton

Wigan play West Brom

There's some favourable fixtures for us this weekend, if West Brom play as you'd hope, we could gain some ground by somehow scraping some points on Monday.

That is assuming we beat Forrest of course.

Stoke should beat Luton or at least draw so will make no difference, same as Huddersfield and Charlton.

Wigan ok should probably lose but one point takes us into the bottom 3 and no mention of the Barnsley game.

We are now playing catch up something we tend not to be very capable of.

Players running out contracts do they really care?

Is Bruce Rioch available?

Like a daft *** I stayed to the very end of the game in hope that with 5 extra minutes we might actually have a go, instead I had to listen to the Leeds fans cheering their every pass as they comfortably held on even forcing a corner.

The good, Howson, Shotton and Pears can walk off the pitch with their head held high, Pears kept us in the game with some outstanding saves, Shotton some great well timed tackling in the box, Howson RB and our best midfielder on the night should ask for double pay after doing 2 jobs, Coulson gave it a go particularly 1st half till our daft arsed manager decided to switch him to the right side, did okay 2nd half. At least Clayton put his foot in and a couple of mistakes but not that bad.   

The bad, Friend totally finished as a player, apart from his fault with the goal, his ability to find the Leeds players with a pass was uncanny, Saville did *** all, Tav absolute shocker, over ran the ball, dwelt on the ball far too much and lost it, should have been off at half time and Morrison on, but stayed on the full 90 playing crap. Wing trying to set himself up time and time again for a shot outside the box and failing miserably, did hardly anything of note. Fletcher, Bambi on ice, totally bullied and bossed by the Leeds CB's and an inability to hold a ball up just not he's fault his just not a very intelligent footballer. The subs, Nmecha total waste of a loan deal absolute carthorse gives us nothing,  Assomaolonga one of the laziest players I have ever seen in a Boro shirt, by he's body language he doesn't want to be here, hope he doesn't play again for us this season. I  never thought I'd say this, but would have sooner had Gestede on rather at least he would have had a more physical presence than the 3 clowns  we had up front for us.

The manager where do I start with this idiot, tactically inept, inability to make the right substitutions, surrounded by totally incompetent backroom staff and he can include himself in that, backed by an arrogant, head in the sands chairman who's football knowledge you could write on the back of a postage stamp and who  is living off the god like status he feels he has with the Boro fans because he saved the club 30 odd years ago, and he has got to be either in denial or couldn't give a toss as to what is going on.

I walked out of the Riverside last night and I'm not over reacting when I say I honestly don't think we'll win another game this season if Woodgate remains in charge, we'll get relegated as the bottom club I haven't calmed down from last night I'm still *** fuming. 

• Like 1