Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

Coulson deserves credit for putting himself about everywhere. He operated freely and so many times last night, he looked like beating players to the ball when pressing, he'd fly out of nowhere. Leeds showed him a great deal of respect for a young kid when they were putting 2 or 3 men on him at times when he had the ball and he was still fighting through it. Howson did have a good game playing out of defence but he wasn't giving us any width and he was having to sprint back countless times to cover the ground he lost, though arguably that could just have been through others misplaced passes coming so soon after he'd worked his way out.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

An ex player is adamant he is going... still not convinced

It’s gotta be George Friend just because he was on the field yesterday doesn’t hide the fact that he’s a ex player 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Coulson deserves credit for putting himself about everywhere. He operated freely and so many times last night, he looked like beating players to the ball when pressing, he'd fly out of nowhere. Leeds showed him a great deal of respect for a young kid when they were putting 2 or 3 men on him at times when he had the ball and he was still fighting through it. Howson did have a good game playing out of defence but he wasn't giving us any width and he was having to sprint back countless times to cover the ground he lost, though arguably that could just have been through others misplaced passes coming so soon after he'd worked his way out.

I also think Saville was causing Leeds problems on my opinion so I was irked that he went off instead of ra ra!

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Howson was ok running the ball out of defence a couple of times if that's what you mean?  I didn't think he was all that useful in stopping their attacks down our right hand side though and offered nothing going the other way really.  Certainly not our worst player mind.

15 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

How has Woodgate turned a 7th placed Championship side that was kinda on par with Leeds into what has to be the worst Boro side ever in 35 games 😌 yet will most likely still be in the dugout on Monday night

Because he doesn't have a bloody clue. He didn't at the start of the season and still doesn't now.

You'd expect any new manager to have a somewhat shaky start, or even first half of the season. But under Woodgate, we've actually declined into a shambles that half the teams in League 1 could probably beat without too much of a sweat.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, macapes said:

It's quarter of a season.  None of that explains how it could be worse than what we currently have, which is the worst form in the league, lowest goals scored.

As it stands, I suspect any competent manager could choose a formation that we have the players for, pick a consistent starting 11 and at least provide a chance.  

True I see your point but I see it that change may not yield imediate results because change needs time to mature. I base that on not just mine but many posts you read on here with the appointment of any new manager. However, given the statistics and Woody has been given more than enough time, and there is little to nothing to suggest he can make a difference, then I am swayed to your way of thinking.Lets face it, can't be any worse than what we have now. 

59 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think the reason Howson was having to come out of defence and carry the ball so far forward was because the players in front of him were unable to keep hold of the ball, at times it was like a hot potato, but 1st half in particular Howson went past his man quite a few times when bringing the ball out of defence had a good game in my opinion..

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Howson was ok running the ball out of defence a couple of times if that's what you mean?  I didn't think he was all that useful in stopping their attacks down our right hand side though and offered nothing going the other way really.  Certainly not our worst player mind.

Essentially, yeah. All our efforts came to the result of absolute nothing but there were individual moments that could and perhaps should have led to something. Him and Coulson breaking out from deeper areas were among them. But yes, in doing so, he left us exposed on the right and that's why I mentioned how often he was caught sprinting back, Shotton had to cover his absence quite a few times.

• Like 1