oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 0-1

15 hours ago, Otto42 said:

I don't see it getting any better in league one either with our current set up either.

The way we are at the moment, half the teams in League 1 could beat us without too much effort.

Also reduced revenue (TV money, sponsorship, ticket sales) means we won't be able to spend our way to success, unless Gibson is willing to put some of Bulkhaul's profits into the club.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

I honestly just can’t see what Woodgate is trying to do. His decision making is completely baffling and he has no clue what his best formation, team or system is. It’s laughable. Wing is in the team entirely for his long range shooting. Stop that and there’s nothing there. Johnson is okay as an attacking left sided player but he’s been forced into playing left back. McNair has clearly downed tools - from being our best player pre Christmas, now can’t get into the team. 

If Woodgate stays, no matter what division we’re in, how can we expect him to build a brand new team (with very few senior players) and coach them to play in a new system? Does anyone have any faith at all that he could build something? 

Absolutely none.

Without major, drastic overhauls in management, coaching and playing staff, it would just be a slow (or maybe rapid) descent towards League 2.

15 hours ago, Boro Scot said:

There was some fight tonight but very little quality. Leeds were poor which probably made us look better than we were. We can't score, that's the top and bottom of it, near misses don't count. I can't fathom what Gibson's plan is, if he he has one. The reality of relegation will be a decimated squad, home crowds under 10K with a massive loss of revenue. 

This isn't the way to let a rookie manager find his feet, it'll likely destroy Woodgate as a manger too.

Exactly! it would've been doing Woody a favour if Gibson had got rid of him, say back in November.

As it is, I fear its too late for JW...even a National League side would be mad to risk hiring him now (plus I don't think they're too impressed with PowerPoint presentations at that level).

15 hours ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Who’s managing it? Does he fancy a job?

I'm still holding out for Ravanelli myself. 😁

Or perhaps even The Little Fella himself. He played intelligent football, so presumably he has a good footballing brain in his beloved little noggin. 

5 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

My head thinks Boro want to Woody to resign..  saves a payout for remainder of contract.

Woody seems like the type to wait until he's pushed.

Not that I want to see anything like this, but I think its gonna take some ugly scenes, (from the fans - not the football) before Gibson does anything.

Anyone ready to run up to the dugout, rip their tickets up & throw them at Woody?

4 hours ago, sanddancer said:

With 11 games to go its to late for change. The players see the 11 games as count down to departure, a break and are focused on booking holidays, removal vans and house hunting. It’s over guys. The dark cloud has being building and hovering over the riverside for some seasons and it’s about to drop its load and wash away any sense of belonging or hope. 
The merry go round creaked and groaned but was ignored and now it’s finally broken down. What was once an ambitious club envied by many is now just a shell of its former glory. 
I don’t see Woody leaving now would make any difference, fact it could get worse. 

Depends who we bring in.

If Gibson decides to let Leo or Keane take charge, then we are probably doomed.

However, we still only need a couple of wins to ensure safety and we still have a few fixtures that are winnable. Get a competent, experienced person in charge and the "new manager boost" could be just enough to get us over the line.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Snowblind said:

I'm currently just feeling resigned to us being in League One next season. The likes of Huddersfield, Wigan, Luton and Barnsley have upped their game - their managers have doubled down their efforts and found ways of making things work and inspiring their players. Woodgate hasn't given us a single hope that he's capable of doing that for us. I've rarely seen a manager so lacking in intelligence in the decisions he makes in team selections and during games.

Either way though, we need a new manager. Someone who we will have faith in to build something regardless of what division we're in. Jonathan Woodgate simply isn't that man.

I usually pride myself on my ability to see the positives where Boro are concerned. I've not been able to do that with Woodgate at any point.

I know that you at least are an actor Alan, sadly Woodgate fails at acting as a Manager

• Haha 1

If Gibson is gonna sack Woodgate though, he needs to do it right after the Forest game at the latest, otherwise we're just gonna be in the situation of the wasting a summer transfer window while the new manager gets settled in.

I don't think we'll go down under Woodgate tbh. There were enough positives in that Leeds game for me to think we've got enough to pull through (or that there will be worse teams than us come the end). I'd like to think there's a grand plan for the summer that's gonna be executed to perfection & next season we'll all be as happy as pigs in ***.

49 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Depends who we bring in.

If Gibson decides to let Leo or Keane take charge, then we are probably doomed.

However, we still only need a couple of wins to ensure safety and we still have a few fixtures that are winnable. Get a competent, experienced person in charge and the "new manager boost" could be just enough to get us over the line.

A couple of wins is sufficient?  That assumes neither WIgan nor Barnsley, both on better form, can out do that.  

1 minute ago, chickenlunch said:

If Gibson is gonna sack Woodgate though, he needs to do it right after the Forest game at the latest, otherwise we're just gonna be in the situation of the wasting a summer transfer window while the new manager gets settled in.

I don't think we'll go down under Woodgate tbh. There were enough positives in that Leeds game for me to think we've got enough to pull through (or that there will be worse teams than us come the end). I'd like to think there's a grand plan for the summer that's gonna be executed to perfection & next season we'll all be as happy as pigs in ***.

You clearly have forgotten to take your medication!!!

2 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

Oh, I'd hate to think that we might waste a transfer window 😮 🙃