oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 0-1

10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well 45-46 points is usually considered to be mathematically safe (so 3 wins then). If we can somehow get to that point, it shouldn't matter what the clubs below us do. Not guaranteed, of course, but its enough most seasons.

Trouble is AR there are not many below us, one sitting on the same number of points and another only 3 points behind and both on a good run.

Perhaps as others have mentioned getting nearer to 50 points is the safe zone?

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

On a more serious note, he had a canny game and I assume he's viewed as the clear first choice GK for us.  However, I don't really understand the situation with the new lad as you'd figure he'd be ahead of Mejias in the pecking order but he can't make our bench for some reason.  On that basis it seems unlikely that he could take the place of Pears but I don't know.

It's been over a month since Woodgate was saying they hoped to have Pears on a new contract, so maybe he's dragging his feet about signing it.

21 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well 45-46 points is usually considered to be mathematically safe (so 3 wins then). If we can somehow get to that point, it shouldn't matter what the clubs below us do. Not guaranteed, of course, but its enough most seasons.

But they are saying the same thing.  If we get to 45 and Wigan to 46, we go down.  They have the same target.  I wouldn't bet on us getting more points than Wigan in the next 11 games, based on current form.

It does matter what they do.  We get 10 points, Barnsley and Wigan get 15 and we're screwed.

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's been over a month since Woodgate was saying they hoped to have Pears on a new contract, so maybe he's dragging his feet about signing it.

Other than the fact that he has a connection with us, I think I'd probably be doing the same in his position.  Uncertain times at the club and uncertain times for him personally if we're signing players to potentially replace him.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chickenlunch said:

If Gibson is gonna sack Woodgate though, he needs to do it right after the Forest game at the latest, otherwise we're just gonna be in the situation of the wasting a summer transfer window while the new manager gets settled in.

I don't think we'll go down under Woodgate tbh. There were enough positives in that Leeds game for me to think we've got enough to pull through (or that there will be worse teams than us come the end). I'd like to think there's a grand plan for the summer that's gonna be executed to perfection & next season we'll all be as happy as pigs in ***.

We have not kept a clean sheet in the last 9 league games. We have scored 8 goals in the last 9 league games. 0 in our last 3.
I wish I had your faith as I can't see any positives. There are no points for huffing and puffing.

But I hope you are right.

12 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Nmecha has to have playing time in his loan deal - he literally offers nothing.

Noticed Roberts and Fry sat with Rudy behind the subs benched, I have a feeling they're going to be rushed back.

Yeah, unlike what I said the other day, Woodgate's Leeds pre-match press conference seems to suggest Roberts and Fry will come back sooner rather than later. His comments about being 85-90% fit and playing tell that story as true as it comes.

2 hours ago, chickenlunch said:

If Gibson is gonna sack Woodgate though, he needs to do it right after the Forest game at the latest, otherwise we're just gonna be in the situation of the wasting a summer transfer window while the new manager gets settled in.

I don't think we'll go down under Woodgate tbh. There were enough positives in that Leeds game for me to think we've got enough to pull through (or that there will be worse teams than us come the end). I'd like to think there's a grand plan for the summer that's gonna be executed to perfection & next season we'll all be as happy as pigs in ***.

How are we going to stop up, we can't keep a clean sheet, we create nothing and we barely get a shot on target let alone score, I honestly don't see us winning another game under Woodgate. The positives against Leeds, Pears making some outstanding saves to keep us in the game.  

46 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Nmecha has to have playing time in his loan deal - he literally offers nothing.

Noticed Roberts and Fry sat with Rudy behind the subs benched, I have a feeling they're going to be rushed back.

You can see why Nmecha hasn't made it anywhere he's a donkey simple as that, yet another shrewd loan signing by our magnificent head coach.

23 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

In my head I thought I'd watch this in hospital.  As it stood, I had appendix out at 5.30 and was back up on the ward at 9.45.  bummer...

No need to rub it in for the rest of us mate 👎

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, unlike what I said the other day, Woodgate's Leeds pre-match press conference seems to suggest Roberts and Fry will come back sooner rather than later. His comments about being 85-90% fit and playing tell that story as true as it comes.

parks and recreation television GIFhappy star trek GIF

I just don’t understand why we can’t sign technically gifted strikers. 

Britt, Fletcher, Nmecha and Rudy. 

Literally not one of them has a consistently good touch. It’s painful to watch them. 

As much as I don’t rate Britt, I think id give him a go in the 4241, he might be better. I’m sick of seeing Fletcher do *** all, getting bounced off the ball here there and everywhere. How can a guy 6”2 never come close to winning a header?

Absolute pathetic excuse for a striker. What does he offer? Genuinely?

Edited by BoroSmoggie