oneBoro Forum

Ugh! Well that was totally Boro...conceding right at the end of the half.

How were we? I only caught the last 5 minutes (long day - slow to log on etc.)

Stream glitched right before the goal, so I only saw the replays...looked like Leeds just danced through our defence. Good build-up, but disappointed Pears didn't get to it...didn't look that hard a save.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

*** you friend. So at fault for that goal. How is he in the team?

Not just friend to be fair, simple one two and saville let him go. The whole aide has been poor. Four break on the free kick and the simple pass is yet AGAIN behind the player. What makes it worse is the fact he went to go alone the hard way when it was simpler to play the pass. Wasn’t a foul and Leeds go and score 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Should be 3 or 4 down. Really poor. Not even close to getting that shot on target yet. Were hopeless.

Really? I don't think Leeds have been that good at all. 1-0 maybe deserved given the save Pears pushed to Costa when he skied it. Overall we've managed them relatively well. Not well enough for Woody to keep his job, mind.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Really? I don't think Leeds have been that good at all. 1-0 maybe deserved given the save Pears pushed to Costa when he skied it. Overall we've managed them relatively well. Not well enough for Woody to keep his job, mind.

They haven’t needed to be that good tbf

• Like 1
1 minute ago, trekkers said:

Its lonely sitting in the pub watching this drivel.

If Woodys still got a job tomorrow then at least I'll  be able to watch the Boro at the Kassam next season.....hopefully!!!

You're not alone buddy...we'll be drowning our sorrows with you. I'm already eyeing up my half-empty bottle of Jack Daniels and wondering if I have enough vanilla coke to go with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Stream glitched right before the goal, so I only saw the replays...looked like Leeds just danced through our defence. Good build-up, but disappointed Pears didn't get to it...didn't look that hard a save.

Generally too poor when on the ball. We kept playing the wrong ball for most of the half although we have created a couple of decent moves. Wing and Coulson have played well and Shotton was doing well up until that clearance prior to the goal. If Spence is fit enough i would be bringing him on though to try and stretch the game.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Pears has been terrific tonight so far overall. Made some really good decisions and saves.

As I expected, this team is up for the fight. If we'd played this way against Luton, no way do we lose that game. Forwards are trying but getting no change. Problem is we didn't and it's too little too late if we lose this one, can't imagine anyone will be giving Woody any credit for this.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

They have hit the inside of the post and wasted a couple of chances. Could easily be at least three

• Latest Posts

• One big plus at least Scotland players don't have far to travel home, and up and down the pubs and bars in Scotland they'll be able to talk about the mighty nil nil with England for years to come.
    • Yes me too I was hoping for a last gasp equaliser, I'm hoping that the team are brilliant next game and prove me wrong, but I just feel the other teams have players who can produce that bit of individual brilliance needed, we look stifled and devoid of ideas to create chances. I had high hopes before the tournament started but the manager gives me no confidence, the most inform fullback we have in the squad is Chillwell good defender and fast going forward, the striker  with the best heading ability is Calvert Lewin outstanding season for Everton, neither have had a look in, narrow minded manager who has Plan A and nothing more this squad deserves much better.  
    • Has he whinged about Villa, Liverpool and West Ham like? I'm pretty sure he's spoken about West Ham at least and had nothing but positive things to say about his time there. In comparison with Karanka, he had plenty of good to say about Big Sam too, if I remember rightly. And in his situation, would you feel aggrieved or would you sit there after over a decade's worth of combined service to a club and think "At least I got that chance"? It's a two way street and it always has been with Downing. When he's been here, he's always worked hard and at least earned the chance to justify us keeping him around. He's never downed tools like Braithwaite did, for example. The season Braithwaite signed, Downing was pushed into the under-23s by Monk, they tried to force him out the club and sell to Birmingham and he worked his way back into the team. That same player got demonised as if he was a catalyst for Karanka's departure, got booed by his own fans and still came back trying to fight for the cause. It doesn't matter if I'd been in my job for 1 year or 20, if I made agreements with someone to extend a contract and they then backed out when it suited them and left me in the lurch, I'd be pretty bloody annoyed about it. If he wants to talk about that, he has the right and players who are hung out to dry by clubs don't have any reason to shirk talking about it. Especially with the situation here, where he didn't just have a promise made to him, he made a decision to waive a contractual agreement previously made in part so he would have his future worked out. We got what we wanted in the short term and long term and Downing was forced to leave. How can anyone possibly look at that level of unprofessional behaviour by the club and still think Downing's the problem is completely beyond me. It just seems to be a long term hatchet job continued on from a time when everyone blamed Downing for Karanka nearly leaving the first time and actually leaving eventually. Mixed in with the fact people thought Downing wasn't a good player which for some reason created value judgements of him as a person. People already don't like him and see him in one way so aren't open to the idea that he's in the right. The comment above, "don't get me started" on him, I have to wonder where that comes from when everything Downing says matches up to the absolute shittery we see at the top level of our club every year and especially since Karanka and Orta left.
    • dont get me started on Downing.
    • @wilsoncgp agree with everything you said. Just seems to me that he loves to whinge about how each club dealt with him “unprofessionally” upon leaving them. I have no doubt Boro did probably mess him about in Pulis final yesr but he needs to weigh that off woth how much good our club has done for him over the years, especially the owner who he also slagged off in that Schwarzer interview In every interview I read of his he seems to give of the vibe of there being a sense of self-entitlement with him. Just my opinion and others might see him differently