oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 0-1

59 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

I see were your coming from, but a lot of the time your backroom staff can make a difference. I would have sooner seen Woodgate with an experienced No 2 alongside him than Keane it might well have made all the difference..

There are 8 Managers in the Championship the same age or even younger than Woodgate (40 years old), thats a third of the Division he is operating in. To me a young Manager is a 23 year old fresh out of Uni. Football is different to Industry, at 40 years old you are a grown man with a few miles on the clock unlike a University graduate and shouldn't be prone to being naive through a lack of experience. By all means there is a lot to learn in any new role but you have been learning (or should have) in the Industry you are managing in by being exposed to different Managers and different tactics for probably the best part of twenty or more years. Alex Neil and Lee Johnson are both two years younger than Woodgate at 38. If you are entering a management role with a handicap which affects the business then perhaps Horse Racing or Golf is a better profession to take up. Not everyone can be a Manager, it takes a lot more than just being a good worker in an Industry to have the skills, Bobby Charlton is probably the best example. Being very good at a particular job be it a shop floor operative or a footballer doesn't necessarily equip you to be a Manager. To me there is a very basic problem in that I don't see the traits or characteristics that would remotely consider me to think Woodgate would be a successful manager. Of the four Clubs beneath us in the Championship only Cowley is the same age as Woodgate, the others are all older.

• Like 3
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Why is there two threads BORO v Leeds? 

There’s only one. The other is the pesky foreigners looking to meet up with the locals for a beer 🍺 in the six medals. Do you fancy joining us from 17.30 @sanddancer ?

9 minutes ago, Blanco said:

There’s only one. The other is the pesky foreigners looking to meet up with the locals for a beer 🍺 in the six medals. Do you fancy joining us from 17.30 @sanddancer ?

Do be careful of asking something you might regret. Seriously though I am flattered and appreciate the invite but alas, I’m desperately job seeking and will be in Birmingham tomorrow. 
Out of curiosity how do you recognize invitees. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Do be careful of asking something you might regret. Seriously though I am flattered and appreciate the invite but alas, I’m desperately job seeking and will be in Birmingham tomorrow. 

No problem. Good luck with the job search mate 👍

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, sanddancer said:
Out of curiosity how do you recognize invitees. 

Some of us have met each other before and we usually swap mobile numbers through DM’s

7 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Some of us have met each other before and we usually swap mobile numbers through DM’s

I joined the forum while working in the UAE as it was away of staying connected with my home town. Alas good things don’t last, age catch’s up and the old men are led to the slaughter house, well unemployable. I have been home for a year now and started job seeking seriously around six month ago because, one I’m bored and two, I need some cash flow. I do miss my holidays in Asia.... oh hell no, I miss them a great deal... but home is where the heart lies and it’s good to be back. 
Enjoy the game and hope to catch up one day UTB. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

There are 8 Managers in the Championship the same age or even younger than Woodgate (40 years old), thats a third of the Division he is operating in. To me a young Manager is a 23 year old fresh out of Uni. Football is different to Industry, at 40 years old you are a grown man with a few miles on the clock unlike a University graduate and shouldn't be prone to being naive through a lack of experience. By all means there is a lot to learn in any new role but you have been learning (or should have) in the Industry you are managing in by being exposed to different Managers and different tactics for probably the best part of twenty or more years. Alex Neil and Lee Johnson are both two years younger than Woodgate at 38. If you are entering a management role with a handicap which affects the business then perhaps Horse Racing or Golf is a better profession to take up. Not everyone can be a Manager, it takes a lot more than just being a good worker in an Industry to have the skills, Bobby Charlton is probably the best example. Being very good at a particular job be it a shop floor operative or a footballer doesn't necessarily equip you to be a Manager. To me there is a very basic problem in that I don't see the traits or characteristics that would remotely consider me to think Woodgate would be a successful manager. Of the four Clubs beneath us in the Championship only Cowley is the same age as Woodgate, the others are all older.

Who mentioned a young manager, I never mentioned Woodgate's age..

6 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Instead of the Michelin starred chef that you’d promised, a quick glance in the kitchen would confirm that it’s actually Boro Unger whipping up his infamous turkey dinosaurs and that nothing had really changed at all. 

Blimey. Excellent memory that man. That must have been about 7 years ago 😛

• Thanks 1

Middlesbrough V Leeds aka "the s hit finally hits the fan day"?

For a variety of reasons there could be something to look forward too.

A rare Boro win especially at home?

A departure along the way?

Going to be an atmosphere in the ground that is for certain especially with SmogDane bellowing out Viking battle cries!

Maybe Blanco can accompany him with some unheard  Celtic phrases.

• Like 2