oneBoro Forum

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Spence was left out at the weekend due to a disciplinary decision.

I'm guessing that must have been on the day if him and his shirt were at the ground like someone on here said. Like, it must have been after the kit-man hung it up. I'm guessing he wasn't in the team and maybe he kicked off a bit, especially after the ovation he got against Luton (I'm making *** up here but y'know).

Doesn't explain why Coulson didn't play though.

11 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I find it amazing that we are supposedly having a transitional season yet Beilsa transformed Leeds within one season. That says it all for me with regards to Woodgates coaching ability. Yes Beilsa is more experienced etc.. But I think it's easy to just use the Woodgate is a rookie excuse. 

And people on this forum were laughing at the Bielsa appointment as well. 

47 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I find it amazing that we are supposedly having a transitional season yet Beilsa transformed Leeds within one season. That says it all for me with regards to Woodgates coaching ability. Yes Beilsa is more experienced etc.. But I think it's easy to just use the Woodgate is a rookie excuse. 

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers.

Woodgate is locally renowned as a bit of a tit and has spent a season and a half sat behind Poolis. He's been cited by Steve Gibson as being 'really, really cheap'. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
52 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I can't believe you're comparing the two situations and are so blasé about the difference in experience, to be honest. The difference is huge.

Bielsa:

Screenshot_20200226-111047.thumb.png.fa31b9b67a32ca99ab5d5a71a9d48d29.png

Woodgate:

Screenshot_20200226-111203.thumb.png.b7a269fea9c0a20d5cb2608383f82ff6.png

3 hours ago, northern boro said:

Spence was left out at the weekend due to a disciplinary decision.

Hmm, I wonder if this ties in with what SDS said on one of the other threads about some of the younger lads having a pop at some of the more experienced ones on Saturday?  Let's say hypothetically that Spence was dropped to the bench initially but then voiced his displeasure at it so was then dropped completely.  Coulson was also dropped to the bench but kept his own counsel so stayed on the bench. After the game a few of them decided to say their piece just as Spence had done perhaps?

Woodgate is demanding a much-improved performance against United. 

See the difference, a Boss is (demanding) were as a Leader is (planning).. 

“Without question, the last two games have been very disappointing,” he admitted. “They were games we thought we could win but didn’t, but that just shows the nature of this league. 

No, it just proves what he thought was fit for purpose was not. Basically he thought he could beat other teams, thereby overrating his ability while underestimating the opponent. 

“It’s a really difficult league, and anyone can take points off anyone. It’s been shown this season; QPR beat Leeds, Barnsley beat Fulham, Hull beat Fulham.

Here is were he believes anyone can take points off anyone but statistics prove we have not and can't.  

“Misery makes phone-ins, misery makes forums.

I can't comment on this one.. 

We can slag Woody off no end, but I think he believes everything he states and for that I give him credit. Look he is either stupid or a genius we have yet to see, so for some rather strange reason Im going for a 1 goal win.. UTB.  

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1

• Latest Posts

• Warnock shouldn't abuse referees. But I don't think boro fans should be calling our manager expletives online. It makes us all look silly. I imagine if we beat Sheffield United 3-0 then nobody will be calling him a p**** then. He won't be here much longer.
    • Our performances have been so bad this season that I now think Warnock leaving is the best thing all round. Our midfield hasn't been fit for purpose for most of this season as Warnock doesn't know how to get the best out of the players at his disposal. If the going gets tough then I doubt Warnock will dig his heels in to stick around for a mid-table at best kind of season, so I'm sure there's a good chance that he'll leave if there isn't an upturn in results soon. There's two more games against Sheffield United (home) and Hull City (away) before the next international break - which would be a good time to make a managerial change - so our results before then could decide whether Warnock leaves or not. Whilst Crooks has probably been our best performing central midfielder this season, I think him him being part of any three man midfield, especially with Warnock's direct tactics, massively reduces our fluidity in possession and just leads to our midfield three not functioning to anywhere near an acceptable standard. Last season we were far more fluid in possession without a unique "Warnock style" midfielder like Crooks. Something has dramatically changed in midfield from last season as we've got so much worse. I don't think the goals he has provided has been worth the negatives. Any three from Howson, Morsy, Saville and Tavernier last season performed to a far higher and consistent standard than any three this season so far. I can see the positives that Crooks adds to the team in a midfield role such as him pushing forward from midfield to be a targetman for flick-ons from Lumley's long kicks, and a very good aerial presence in both boxes in open play and set-pieces. However, aside from them, I think he really limits us as a team as the ball doesn't flow well with him in there. With three central midfielders we should be far more patient on the ball and allow our shape to open up far more with fullbacks overlapping, wide midfielder having a more infield position and midfielders playing through the thirds with quality. Instead everything in midfield is disjointed, messy and scrappy for us - with minimal quality as a unit. We've played our best football this season in the home game against Blackburn with Howson, Morsy and Tavernier in a midfield three - with Crooks playing as a targetman in strike. Kieran Scott must be tearing his hair out after watching how smoothly Norwich's midfield in their two promotion seasons move the ball around and progress it into the forward areas. Siliki and Payero both still adapting to the Championship won't help matters either. Whatever the cause is, the problem of the midfield is abundantly clear so it needs to be resolved as soon as possible.
    • No, I'm saying that there's a great deal of hypocrisy to try and stand up for the right of a person not to receive abuse when the person you're talking about is Neil Warnock. The man hands out dog's abuse every game. It's not whether he can take it or whether he deserves it, it's that if he can't then be shouldn't be throwing stones himself.
    • Are you saying warnock deserves to be called obscenities from fans of MFC? Because I don't think he does. 
    • Is this what you say to Warnock about the referee every week? Bloody hell.