oneBoro Forum

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

I really don't know what the formation is. If it was Tony Pulis, I'd say 5-4-1 straight away but part of me feels like it might be a 4-2-3-1:

Pears
Howson Moukoudi Shotton Friend
Clayton Saville
Tav Wing Coulson
Fletcher

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I really don't know what the formation is. If it was Tony Pulis, I'd say 5-4-1 straight away but part of me feels like it might be a 4-2-3-1:

Pears
Clayton Saville
Tav Wing Coulson
Fletcher

Could be, Howson and Friend are likely to get murdered playing that though. 

• Like 1

My take on it is the formation is 5 at the back with Howson, Colouson wing backs then is a diamond midfield Clayton Defensive, Saville Wing central then Tav Attacking with Fletcher up top. The issue I have is that he tried this formation at Elland Road and was thumped

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Pears
Clayton Saville
Tav Wing Coulson
Fletcher

I hope it’s this. However can’t see him playing this at all, even though it would be so much better.  

i honestly don't know how WIng is getting a game, his allround game has been terrible for a while, well of form, litteraly only playing as he has a punchers chance of scoring from distance, but has been offering little to the team lately

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I bloody wouldn't. Yeh it does look like a back five. Would anyone play Coulson as a winger in the future?? Convert him?

I said couple weeks ago, imo he’s better suited as a winger. Has all the attributes. He’s not exactly exceptional at defending either.

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I bloody wouldn't. Yeh it does look like a back five. Would anyone play Coulson as a winger in the future?? Convert him?

Sure it's been considered.  

Would prefer it not to be tried out for the first time during a relegation fight. 

Yet another team where it appears names have been drawn from a hat. 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

i honestly don't know how WIng is getting a game, his allround game has been terrible for a while, well of form, litteraly only playing as he has a punchers chance of scoring from distance, but has been offering little to the team lately

Can’t disagree. He’s a league 1 player, who’s making his way into the team because he occasionally scores from outside the box. It’s literally all he has too his game. 

On Clayton returning Woody just stated to sky sports reporter that he is back because he played in 7 out of 8 wins!

Did not know whether to laugh or cry at that comment.

Shows he just wants whatever it takes to win the game, but part of me feels he wants to keep the score line as low as possible and maybe get a draw

• Latest Posts

• How he's been in the Premier League for so long is beyond me, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole especially if he's on big wages.
    • not great last night and 3 or 4 had poor games which led to that. We could do with adding anothe centre back to the squad becaus Dijksteel is prone to bad games and injury, Howson and Tav arent shoe-ins in CM , We definately need a solid GK  and smother lb/lwb option.   No=one comes out of las nights game with anymore than a 5/10 , and id have to be pushed really hard to select our top performer as there was no stand out but id have to say Sporar  albeit his best work was his closing down and workrate We now have a bigger choice of striking options and they all got on the field last night but there was no service whatsoever from a structured build up in open play. Conolly was the worst of our poor performers and im more convinced in my own feelings about his abilities after that showing. if we persist on 2 strikers ,for me its 2 from Watmore.Sporar and Balagun. Were crying out for a crative midfielder and have Payero and McGree still to be given an opportunity . Tav  no longer merits being in front of thost two for a starting place  even though im a firm believer in his abilities. Paddy has looked better in defence than midfield but still has moments of  not sorting his feet out like last nights goal showed, Fry is still raw and can be bullied at times a d Dijksteel has the odd rickett in him so we need a no nonsense CB  to complment the central defence. i honestly didnt mean for this post to be dom and gloom....more constructive critisism and im beginning to worry its leaning the former way so ill finish off with my opinion that with minor tweeks weshould be confident of finishing in the top 8. who knows-maybe a little more.
    • He'll be gone in the Summer and the Pozzos will start the cycle all over again. 🙄 If they weren't before, Watford are officially a meme club now, for everything that is wrong about having foreign owners, who have zero understanding of the league their club is playing in and won't give their managers the time & resources to actually build anything. 🤦‍♂️ Their revolving door policy may have helped them stay up a few times, but this will be a season too far IMO.  If I were a Watford fan I think I'd switch allegiances to Palace or Fulham. The Pozzos clearly don't give a crap about the club and seem happy to achieve PL survival every season. Really hope they fail this time.  
    • Mogga did a job on us last night, he moved his midfield up to man mark our three and set his two forwards to harry and get in the face of our back three so we had no time on the ball and no one to pass to. It worked a treat and we had no answer to it so expect every team now to do the same. We need midfielders who can find space, turn and bring in other players and let’s be honest we don’t have them, so it’s an interesting coaching challenge for Wilder. Having said all of that, we should have had a penalty, Crooks should have scored with at least one of those headers and Connolly and Jones should have hit the target. There you are on another day we could have won 5 - 0, let’s move on to the next game
    • I think it needs freshening up. We won't see that many changes but perhaps a couple of them.