oneBoro Forum

Unless coulson is being played on the left of the attacking 3 and tav of the right with wing floating around in the middle.

3 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

FB_IMG_1582743227802.jpg

lop sided again

swap shotton for spence and swap positions with hoswon

switch clayton and wing for Mcnair/morrion and Assombalonga 

5 at the back, surely.  Howson, Coulson at RB/RWB, LB/LWB.   3 CBs. 

• Like 1

I really don't know what the formation is. If it was Tony Pulis, I'd say 5-4-1 straight away but part of me feels like it might be a 4-2-3-1:

Pears
Howson Moukoudi Shotton Friend
Clayton Saville
Tav Wing Coulson
Fletcher

How is that a 4231? 
It’s a 541, with 4 defenders, 5 Central midfielders and 1 striker. 
A ‘Pulis like’ selection, at which he was crucified last season for. It’s a shame that we have came to accept such *** squad selections, 

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I really don't know what the formation is. If it was Tony Pulis, I'd say 5-4-1 straight away but part of me feels like it might be a 4-2-3-1:

Pears
Clayton Saville
Tav Wing Coulson
Fletcher

Could be, Howson and Friend are likely to get murdered playing that though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

You'd play a 3 of Tav/Wing and Saville as part of our front four? bloody hell mate. Tony Poolis esq 

I bloody wouldn't. Yeh it does look like a back five. Would anyone play Coulson as a winger in the future?? Convert him?

My take on it is the formation is 5 at the back with Howson, Colouson wing backs then is a diamond midfield Clayton Defensive, Saville Wing central then Tav Attacking with Fletcher up top. The issue I have is that he tried this formation at Elland Road and was thumped

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Pears
Clayton Saville
Tav Wing Coulson
Fletcher

I hope it’s this. However can’t see him playing this at all, even though it would be so much better.  

i honestly don't know how WIng is getting a game, his allround game has been terrible for a while, well of form, litteraly only playing as he has a punchers chance of scoring from distance, but has been offering little to the team lately

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I bloody wouldn't. Yeh it does look like a back five. Would anyone play Coulson as a winger in the future?? Convert him?

I said couple weeks ago, imo he’s better suited as a winger. Has all the attributes. He’s not exactly exceptional at defending either.

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Sure it's been considered.  

Would prefer it not to be tried out for the first time during a relegation fight. 

Yet another team where it appears names have been drawn from a hat. 

If this is set up how I think it is then I'm very annoyed. All this talk about having a go and weve just reverted to pulis 101 formation.

Woodgate, you're full of ***

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

i honestly don't know how WIng is getting a game, his allround game has been terrible for a while, well of form, litteraly only playing as he has a punchers chance of scoring from distance, but has been offering little to the team lately

Can’t disagree. He’s a league 1 player, who’s making his way into the team because he occasionally scores from outside the box. It’s literally all he has too his game. 

On Clayton returning Woody just stated to sky sports reporter that he is back because he played in 7 out of 8 wins!

Did not know whether to laugh or cry at that comment.

Shows he just wants whatever it takes to win the game, but part of me feels he wants to keep the score line as low as possible and maybe get a draw