oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 0-1

Any defeat would be a bad result.

He's already halfway under the ice with a lot of fans, every defeat just sinks him a little further.

We need a win, soon, or we're going down.

Luckily Wigan are playing a half decent Reading, so they may lose themselves.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently has the backing still

I honestly don't see where it stops. Honestly think that Woodgate is bullet proof and Gibson is ready for us to go to league 1 only to deliver some crappy PR rallying cry in the summer about "oh we di

Bielsa is a world-renowned coach with decades of experience. He's cited by the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino, and Simeone as an inspirational and guiding figure in their careers. Woodgate is loc

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Do you eat exclusively at McDonald's or something? You haven't seen people order steak in 30 odd years? Just....what?

I tend to go to Indian, Thai, Chinese or Middle Eastern places, I’m not really part of the Beefeater set. I really don’t know many people who eat red meat these days. 

• Like 1

Great thread Uwe...think you've summed up the situation very well. 👍

Can Boro get anything from the game?

Umm...severe rectal soreness?

orlando jones lubricant GIF

image.thumb.png.8d2b937704bf577b7f44ecd468e0cd07.png

Strongest Team/Formation?

laugh stop it GIF

I see you threw a trick question in there...nice try!

Will Woody still be here after the International break?

Sadly, probably yes. Unless Gibson is actually at the Riverside and hasn't been struck down with blindness.

Why do you hate Leeds?

'Cos they're DIRTY! 

Plus Bielsa's a sneaky spying git. That said, I imagine he won't bother for us, after seeing what we were like at Elland Road.

Why aren’t people that order steak ‘Well Done’ sent straight to prison?

I have no idea. People who eat steak should be sent to prison..period. Y'know, since meat causes climate change and all that. 

run away global warming GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Haha 4

Seems to be a growing call to bring back Clayton with many citing the number of games we have won when he has been included.

Anything to help get a Boro win but would he make any difference in an attempt to beat Leeds?

Ra, ra, ra, gooooooooooooooooo Aaaaaaaaaaaddddddddaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmm!

Sorry been a while any old excuse! 

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I tend to go to Indian, Thai, Chinese or Middle Eastern places, I’m not really part of the Beefeater set. I really don’t know many people who eat red meat these days. 

Well plenty of people do still eat red meat mate, just because your little insulated bubble doesn't, doesn't mean it's uncommon!

A point from Woody's presser. He seems to suggest he went to experienced players because young players weren't keeping clean sheets for him. He acknowledges the experienced players didn't do it either recently so has to rethink that but... have we lost more goals due to young players playing at full-back/wing-back? Or is he blaming Fry for not delivering? Tav? What exactly does he think in the balance of picking and not picking young players has caused him not to get clean sheets?

Not that I think Fry's had a good season but McNair and Howson are the 2 more experienced players who have been consistently in the team in defence, Howson in particular who might be out of position but his experience in the last few games has not shown at all. The way we play, Spence and Coulson don't actually end up having to do a lot of defending anyway and throughout the season, that appears to be very much by choice, not through the lack of individual performances.

He's treading a fine line picking a side in experience vs. youth that isn't benefiting him, there's no doubt about it. His relatively gung-ho approach to answering questions on selection decisions is not winning him any support, if anything it's combining with the awful results to make him sound like a stubborn git. I appreciate his honesty of course, I'd rather he tells us what he thinks as honest as possible as it gives us the best chance of judging his mindset. Right now, it's just making it easier to criticise him though.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd put Clayton back in, but he'll be on a hiding to nothing if he makes even more changes and we still lose.

Our run of decent results came with him and Saville as a 2 in midfield. It gave us a solid core to build from and a spine we've lacked all season. So, I'd go back to that and stick to it. 442, 4411,4231 whatever we want to call it. 

Gk: Pears, Rb: Howson, Lb: George, Cb: Mouk, Cb: Shotton, RW: Spence, Lw: Tav, Cm: Clayts, Cm: Saville, 10: Wing, Str: Fletcher

Get WIng up the pitch so he's not losing the ball deep all the time and into places he can effect the game.

And Tav for me has to play. Even when he's struggling he always puts in a shift which you can't really say about them all. His best performances always come from being on the left.

Pears

Moukoudi Fry Friend

Spence Claytz Sav Coulson

Tav Wing

Fletch

That'd be how I started this game if I was Woodgate. Maybe a back 3 of Howson Moukoudi Fry instead but that leaves Fry on the left side of defence and he has looked a bit weaker there, so I will stick to my guns

32 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Well plenty of people do still eat red meat mate, just because your little insulated bubble doesn't, doesn't mean it's uncommon!

I’m not saying it’s uncommon, I just personally don’t know many who do, I don’t know many people who smoke fags anymore either.

I was just replying to DZs question, I honestly don’t see people ordering steak even though I have many non veggie friends and colleagues. In the late 80’s every cameraman I knew would order a steak, now the ones I work with tend to go for healthier options.  

18 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Pears

Moukoudi Fry Friend

Spence Claytz Sav Coulson

Tav Wing

Fletch

That'd be how I started this game if I was Woodgate. Maybe a back 3 of Howson Moukoudi Fry instead but that leaves Fry on the left side of defence and he has looked a bit weaker there, so I will stick to my guns

Slurms you’ve done it again!