oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

Woodgate gone if we dont get three points.

For me we arguable now suit a 4231 best:

Pears, Spence, Moukoudi, McNair, Coulson, Clayton, Howson, Morrison, Wing, Tav, Britt

I would have Marv over Wing on the left so him and Coulson can cover each other. No idea who I would play up top. Agree with the rest; bring back the double pivot!

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Got to win now after Wigan winning, as survival will be out of our own hands. Although results will probably see-saw until the final day, a defeat or draw would be psychologically devastating.

Not really out of our hands as we play Charlton next week if we beat them are out relagation zone no matter result's. Fail to beat them though it is out of our own hand's

Let’s put it this way. Woody believes Leeds was a far better performance than playing the bottom 3 clubs. Does it worry you that he fails to see clubs below us were worth double the points and does it worry anyone Woody was content to play better against a high flyer and come away with nothing for the effort. Also I don’t think Woody realized Leeds were having a bad day. 

I have to question if he reads or understands statistics. Woody stated if we play like we did against Leeds we will get the points required. To do what survive the drop, was that the plan. Does he know we had 2 shots in 3 games, not won in 10, lowest win ration in the league, lowest goals for in the league, lowest current form in the league. Does he know the team requires 30% more points per game over the next 11 games. 

I have to question if he understands playing players in positions best suited, players in form don’t need to sit on the bench and buying a player suggests they are good enough to play not to be loaned out. Does Woody actually under stand formation. Given forum members often suggest what tactics he may be playing, I doubt he does. 

So will our players want to run around the pitch chasing shadows having gifted the ball to the opposition and loosing another game, time will tell because I have no clue what this team is about. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1

Woody knows exactly what is needed. He know the Points we have. He knows the points we likely need. He also knows the best teams to get those points. 
What he says to the press is very different to what he says to the players. What he says to the players is very different to what he says to the coaching staff 

The question I ask is, even with all this information does he know how to achieve the aim? 
Sadly  I think the answer to this is a resounding No!!! 😞 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
26 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Woody knows exactly what is needed. He know the Points we have. He knows the points we likely need. He also knows the best teams to get those points. 
What he says to the press is very different to what he says to the players. What he says to the players is very different to what he says to the coaching staff 

The question I ask is, even with all this information does he know how to achieve the aim? 

Ok well that pretty much answers the recent comments about him asking the players why they are not doing what they were asked to do. He obviously forgets what he told who!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Ok well that pretty much answers the recent comments about him asking the players why they are not doing what they were asked to do. He obviously forgets what he told who!

Reading that confused the hell out of me! 

12 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It’s got nothing to do with OCD, it’s just bad spelling. 

OCD can be triggered by pretty much anything...including poor spelling.

Like walking in to a messy room and being triggered isn't just a failure to tidy up.

• Wow 1
1 hour ago, Uwe said:

What he says to the press: "The lads need to keep working hard, I want players who will fight and run through walls, maybe even play through an injury if they have to."

What he says to his coaches: "You need to keep the lads working hard in training. Tell me who is working hardest even if they're not very good and i'll pick them. Actually can we just have a team of George Friend and Johnny Howsons, that'll work."

What he says to his players: "BURR BURRR DUR DURR HURRR HURR BLAH BLAH HURF DURF IBBLE WIBBLE."

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

What he says to the press: "The lads need to keep working hard, I want players who will fight and run through walls, maybe even play through an injury if they have to."

What he says to his coaches: "You need to keep the lads working hard in training. Tell me who is working hardest even if they're not very good and i'll pick them. Actually can we just have a team of George Friend and Johnny Howsons, that'll work."

What he says to his players: "BURR BURRR DUR DURR HURRR HURR BLAH BLAH HURF DURF IBBLE WIBBLE."

Priceless but true. Woody is a fish out of water but SG is not interested any more, because he is building a empire based on bricks and mortar, and a business investment, therefore his club he sold to the public, is just simply a tax relief. Simply put, pay tax or write it of, hence the club is writing of his tax while promoting him as a savior. Just wait and see him recommended for a title, Sir Gibson.

Edited by sanddancer