oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

Coulson is definitely a winger, and it's a position we're traditionally weak in.

I'd start him as one in every game for the rest of the season, I'd like him to be playing there next year, whether we stay up or go down, and he needs game time in the position to improve.

• Like 1
  • Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

If we’re going for cover down the flanks why not Johnson and Coulson on the left and Howson and Spence on the right? Need some pace down the wings 

Feel sorry for Spence. He’s obviously on the naughty step 

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

On another forum the team for tonight is given as:

Pears

Howson, Moukoudi, Shotton, Johnson

Saville, Clayton, Wing, Tavernier, Coulson

Assombalonga

If it's correct I'm assuming it's 4-2-3-1 with Wing, Tavernier and Coulson behind Assombalonga.

Ugh! Hope its wrong, otherwise we're doomed, with Britt on his own up front.

Doesn't seem to matter how many midfielders we have, they can never get a grip on the game.

Just to do something completely left-field, I'd love to see us line up something like this:

HXL9EXG.png

Hey...a guy can dream, right?

EDIT: swap Shotton out for Coulson (can't believe I left him out...thanks BU!) 😳

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 2

I'd have Spence and Coulson as full backs. We sorely missed spence's pace on the right against leeds.

Johnson had a decent game v Leeds so I'd start him as well. 

Britt needs to be as far away from the team as possible. Useless lump.

Hopefully we can magic a win out of somewhere or were in real doo doo!

• Like 1

There’s nothing we can do about it now Woodgate isn’t going anywhere, but the very least I want him to do is stick with the 4-3-3 high pressing team that he talked about and got him the job in the first place because otherwise there will have been absolutely no point in this ‘project’ whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

To everyone, in your opinion is this a "must win" game or is a draw acceptable? I know we do not move on a draw apart from getting one point closer to others.

I think it's the most important game since the Brighton promotion decider.  Then the Charlton game will be the same and the Swansea game and so on.  This is it, there are 11 games to go and we are in the bottom three with the possibility of being relegated to the third tier for only the third time in our history.  Every game is a must win game because we're finding it so bloody difficult to win any of them!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

To everyone, in your opinion is this a "must win" game or is a draw acceptable? I know we do not move on a draw apart from getting one point closer to others.

Well, in terms of survival its a must-win game...as they all are now, until we can reach that 50 point target, or until we're mathematically safe.

However I don't think its realistic to expect us to beat Forest, so a draw would be "acceptable". 

I've wanted Woodgate gone since before our little purple patch around Christmas, so win, lose or draw, I'm not going to feel any different about that.

21 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think it's the most important game since the Brighton promotion decider.  Then the Charlton game will be the same and the Swansea game and so on.  This is it, there are 11 games to go and we are in the bottom three with the possibility of being relegated to the third tier for only the third time in our history.  Every game is a must win game because we're finding it so bloody difficult to win any of them!

On analysing, I'd say the Charlton game is probably more important than this one because losing this still only leaves us 2 points adrift. Losing against Charlton and we're losing our grip on the teams directly above us who we can drag into the fight. It's a real 6-pointer.

We haven't managed a win in 10 games or something similar, a draw tonight would be better than nothing considering we can't score and we can't defend. Looking ahead to next weekend, Stoke and Wigan both have very winnable games. I have no confidence that we can beat Charlton. They have a couple of wins in their last 5.

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

On another forum the team for tonight is given as:

Pears

Howson, Moukoudi, Shotton, Johnson

Saville, Clayton, Wing, Tavernier, Coulson

Assombalonga

If it's correct I'm assuming it's 4-2-3-1 with Wing, Tavernier and Coulson behind Assombalonga.

I hope that's wrong as that side will bring a loss imo 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

When is Patrick Roberts back, surely must be soon and I’d probably say he’s our only chance 

I hope so for Charlton as he allows us to play with winger's. As we actually only have Johnson who is a proper winger in the squad.