oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

I can only hope that we are expecting Forest to struggle in the air too. Gestede, to be fair to him, has provided a threat in the latter moments of games recently, we were very close to winning one game because of him were it not for a stunning save and if Britt hadn't got in his way against Luton, we may have snatched a very unlikely point, though no guarantees.

Big performance needed from McNair to justify his inclusion too. He needs to show he's up for it.

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I actually think Howson is quite quick. 

Heh. He'll need to be, considering he's going to be trying to do the work of 2-3 players.

But lets face it - he's no Spence or Coulson. He's not going to beat many players for pace. He relies mainly on his ability to read the game IMO.

Actually came to the conclusion Woodgate wants to relagate us in the believe he will then smash League one and be made to be some messier then have like another 4 years in the championship to reach the playoffs 😄

I can’t stand that he’s turned Johnson into a LB and Howson into a CB or RB. What the hell?! Like he said at the start of the season - football isn’t rocket science. So why not play people in their actual positions?! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

I can’t stand that he’s turned Johnson into a LB and Howson into a CB or RB. What the hell?! Like he said at the start of the season - football isn’t rocket science. So why not play people in their actual positions?! 

So tonight we have a left winger at left back a left back as a left winger. Then a midfielder as a right back and another midfielder as a right winger!  

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

My thoughts exactly.

I realise I know very little about football, but I did work out this formation where we only have one player out of position - and thats only because we have no right wingers...

qbXo4fu.png

But I think this would have half a chance of working...which is probably more than Woody's chosen starting XI.

• Like 1