oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

Well well well...what a first 45,,,

Play-wise I don't think there has been too much between the teams. Forest have actually been the better technically...just lucky for us they haven't been too clever in the final third either.

Boro have worked hard (if not always very smartly). One glaring moment where we seemed to switch off gave Forest plenty of time & space to score the opener.

Think Woody must've told the lads that Gibson was in the stands because we kept up our work rate and began to push Forest onto the back foot.

Think we definitely shaded the last 15 minutes or so and overall good value for our lead. Just hope we can do the same again second half...

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Pears should have done much better with their goal and apart from scoring an arguably lucky goal Wing has been rubbish. 

In fact Wing has been rubbish for most of the season.

Not exactly hot takes.

I wouldn't say Wing has been rubbish. Maybe not as good as he was last year, but he still ultimately is one of the only forward thinking players we seem to possess, you can see the thought behind his passes even if the execution isn't always there. He's been forced into playing a lot of roles that I don't personally think he's suited for.

I wouldn't even say he's been terrible today, most of our good stuff today has had Wing involved at some point (apart from the stuff that is solely Coulson, who has been immense).

What I'd be working on is Wings physical fitness and his ability to tackle in the summer.

• Like 4

wing was banging in 40/50 a season in the northern league. he is a goal scorer, might look like a northern league player on the pitch mind but stick him within 30 yards and anything is possible, he's very good at the hardest bit. putting ball in't' net lad.

• Like 1

Just called upstairs and told the wife BORO winning at half time, honestly she doesn’t believe anything I tell her, I hope next door never heard her reply,  she needs her mouth washing out.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Forest are pretty blunt offensively the only time they've looked dangerous is us gifting them possession at halfway or anytime a ball is near Ryan Shotton.

3 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

some of the hot takes on here 10 minutes ago... "pears isn't good enough" "what does lewis wing offer" etc... yikes

Pears should have been able to save their goal. Normally it would have been a fairly routine save for him, but he missed it. Goalkeepers sometimes do. McNair messed up with it too.

Wing has screwed up a lot of passes and kicks today and missed an easy chance. The goal he scored was more fluke than skill - it was an error from their keeper and really shouldn't have trickled over the line. I'm very glad it did, though!

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I wouldn't say Wing has been rubbish. Maybe not as good as he was last year, but he still ultimately is one of the only forward thinking players we seem to possess, you can see the thought behind his passes even if the execution isn't always there. He's been forced into playing a lot of roles that I don't personally think he's suited for.

I wouldn't even say he's been terrible today, most of our good stuff today has had Wing involved at some point (apart from the stuff that is solely Coulson, who has been immense).

What I'd be working on is Wings physical fitness and his ability to tackle in the summer.

i'd be working on getting him into positions to score as a priority as thats what hes best at. not a cm, not a cdm, he's a cam. play him off the front, a link player sniffing on the edge all the time. no point wasting him on the edge of our box. just makes his weak allround game more obvious.

Wing has not had a good first half either. He's been smashing passes everywhere with intent but far too much power. He's not alone so I wouldn't like to single him out for criticism but I'm confused why anyone would be defending him after that half. Isn't he the one who missed the open goal? What even happened there?