oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

1 minute ago, White Band said:

Pears should have been able to save their goal. Normally it would have been a fairly routine save for him, but he missed it. Goalkeepers sometimes do. McNair messed up with it too.

Wing has screwed up a lot of passes and kicks today and missed an easy chance. The goal he scored was more fluke than skill - it was an error from their keeper and really shouldn't have trickled over the line. I'm very glad it did, though!

Aye McNair was too busy throwing himself to ground and complaining to be attentive to the situation. Another who's played like a bargain bin version of himself.

Just now, sanddancer said:

I hope Woody is not planning on sitting back for the next 45 mins. 

We did for a lot of the first 45 so I wouldn't put it beyond him. We played like a blunt Karanka side first half.

12 minutes ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

My sister wants to know the chant the south stand are singing right now. Any help?

Might be wing tune

20 yards or 30 yards 

every were we go

40 yards or 50 yards 

WING IS SCORING GOALS 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

some of the hot takes on here 10 minutes ago... "pears isn't good enough" "what does lewis wing offer" etc... yikes

Still stand by what I said, pears isn't good enough. One good ball out doesn't make him a good keeper. 

Just now, boroinbishop said:

Still stand by what I said, pears isn't good enough. One good ball out doesn't make him a good keeper. 

Pears has had more than a few good games and barely put a foot wrong. We have much worse problems than him in this club.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, alexutb said:

Yep. Not sure why i've seen a few slagging him off after it when it was just a class finish. 

I was puzzled by that too. Looked to me like he made a pretty full-blooded dive for the ball...just misjudged it.

I'd be more critical of the 5 or so players standing 10 yards off, totally ignoring the guy who put the ball in the net.

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

I was puzzled by that too. Looked to me like he made a pretty full-blooded dive for the ball...just misjudged it.

I'd be more critical of the 5 or so players standing 10 yards off, totally ignoring the guy who put the ball in the net.

The guy who had the ball on the left, surrounded by our players who stood and watched him turn and lay it off. That’s where the blame lies for that goal.

1 minute ago, boroinbishop said:

what about the dozen saves he made against leeds last week? lets be honest he's 21 and pretty damn good for that age. as keepers only get better as they get older. he could be our keeper for a decade or two.

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Pears has had more than a few good games and barely put a foot wrong. We have much worse problems than him in this club.

My thoughts too.

He's made a few mistakes, but this is his first season in the senior team and he's also made some bloody fine saves too.