oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

Really think the new keeper needs chance now. Feel Pears should have done better for the first and was clearly at fault for the second. Just not strong enough when coming for the ball. His tendency to box it is also annoying instead of having the strength to catch it. 

• Like 1

coulson was knackered so we took tav off and wing off leaving the knackered coulson 'our only attacking outlet' supplying our lum pof a forward.

subs *** it up totally, sav should have come of for clayton and howson come of for spence to give us legs on the right again.

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

One of those games where the sucker punch felt inevitable...

Still, much improved and if we play like that for the rest of the season then we might be okay.

You mean panic at the back and have goals scored against us. The team does not know how to win

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The moment we decide to sit deep, is the moment we lose most our games. We don't have the defensive capabilities to sit back and defend for 20/30 minutes. 

We need to play further up the pitch on the front foot. That's when we have looked at our best.

This is my biggest frustration, the amount of times we have concede especially late on, because we sit back. Just keep playing the way we were. That’s how we scored in the first place!! We don’t have the organisational skills to defend deep for set periods of time

• Like 2

Well we got a point...and I would have quite happily taken that before kick-off. Overall a draw was probably a fair result.

Another game that twisted and turned like a twisty-turny thing.

Boro's lack of awareness and sloppy defensive play led to an easy opener for Forest.

We worked hard to get back in the game and scored a couple of scrappy goals...Gestede's header which just crept in, as did Wing's shot. Boro kept up the pressure and intent to get a 3rd goal for a good chunk of the 2nd half, but then started to fade in the last 15 or so. Forest got back into the game and with increasing possession and set pieces, an equaliser felt inevitable...and so it proved.

As far as Championship survival is concerned, Boro are still very much in the brown smelly stuff.

Performance-wise...did the players give Woodgate a hint that they are prepared to play for him for the rest of the season, or was it a one-off? Guess we'll find out.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The moment we decide to sit deep, is the moment we lose most our games. We don't have the defensive capabilities to sit back and defend for 20/30 minutes. 

We need to play further up the pitch on the front foot. That's when we have looked at our best.

I remember we played the way you describe against Stoke earlier in the season and we saw the game out so easily. Not sure why Woody hasn't ever tried to replicate that instead of just clinging on and inevitably conceding. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

The Charlton and Hull games are huge for us. Win those and we are safe I think. We still have it in our hands at least.

But we never win games like that. We said it in the Prem around March and we said it just a few weeks ago. Those game are more likely to deal our fate I’m afraid. 

• Like 1