oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

We need 4 wins from 10 to survive normal years 3 wins would be enough but this year it will take an extra win to secure survival in my opinion, time's running out to get those wins...

Its not 3 or 4 wins needed. What is needed is those wins and for those around us to lose more than we do. Pointless winning all 10 remaining games if those other win too...( unlikely i know but still) 

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

The only thing that frustrates me with the Pears/Grabban situation is the inconsistency of reffing. With the way things have been going in recent years and the extra protection goalies seem to be getting I'm convinced that would be called a foul 9 times out of 10. How often do we see fouls given for players breathing on goalkeepers? Yet a player actively backing into and blocking off a goalie is suddenly okay?

I mean, I'm fine if it is, I just hope it is in every other game as well.

Although it doesn't happen if any of the 3 players just standing around watching do literally anything including McNair who stands and watches it dribble in.

• Like 2
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

So the second was a good goal then? The players looked shocked. Never got to see a replay.

Grabban just got in Pears' way and stuck a leg out...made contact and the ball rolled behind them, into the goal.

No foul on the keeper (though that kind of thing always looks wrong to me), despite a raised arm to stop Pears collecting the ball overhead. 

The equaliser was inevitable really, we ran out of legs in midfield and din't have the bench to change things.

Some positives though, another good games from Moukoudi, showing a bit of leadership, doesn't deserve to be 6 games into his Boro career and zero cleasheets. Shotts did OK too. Then of course Gestede playing like the vintage Blackburn Gestede, won a load of headers, ran himself into the ground, scored a goal, and occupied defenders.

I don't blame Pears for either goal, first through the legs and right in the corner, second, well what exactly was he supposed to do with the second one? left entirely exposed. I blame McNair for being negligent in both goals. Was claiming for a foul and offside rather than actually getting on with defending.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

So the second was a good goal then? The players looked shocked. Never got to see a replay.

It was good. Pears just looked like a schoolboy without any strength at all. Easy for Grabban to just stand his ground and nod it in. 

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

The only thing that frustrates me with the Pears/Grabban situation is the inconsistency of reffing. With the way things have been going in recent years and the extra protection goalies seem to be getting I'm convinced that would be called a foul 9 times out of 10. How often do we see fouls given for players breathing on goalkeepers? Yet a player actively backing into and blocking off a goalie is suddenly okay?

Although it doesn't happen if any of the 3 players just standing around watching do literally anything including McNair who stands and watches it dribble in.

I agree, anywhere in Europe you're guaranteed the ref blows for a foul but you have to say that Grabban just stood strong and got his goal.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I was surprised we had no-one on the line for just such a thing. Or would that have played the Forest guys onside?

He backed into him, kept his arms down and clearly got the ball unchallenged. Pears was naive in that situation. I saw nothing wrong with the goal, not even a hint of a foul. He didnt charge into him, he didnt elbow him or use his arms, just was strong and protected the ball. Pears was the one who tried to go through him. What I hated was that there were 3 boro players right beside and none of them thought to try and intercept the ball or challenge for it. 

• Like 2

Lets see what tomorrow's planned meeting brings - He may get the support he needs from experience till the end of the season.

I don't believe in any way, shape or form that he will be sacked.

Pears to blame for both goals for me and needs dropping and bring in Stojanovic just to see if it brings confidence into a shakey defence.

Too many sloppy free kicks given away in dangerous areas throughout the game.