oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

Just now, AnglianRed said:

I was surprised we had no-one on the line for just such a thing. Or would that have played the Forest guys onside?

Yes I think they'd moved off the post when the free kick initially broke out the box, usually Howson is playing around that area.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Grabban just got in Pears' way and stuck a leg out...made contact and the ball rolled behind them, into the goal.

No foul on the keeper (though that kind of thing always looks wrong to me), despite a raised arm to stop Pears collecting the ball overhead. 

Again I will say, in recent seasons that absolutely is the kind of thing keepers have been getting protection for, why was it suddenly not now? Keepers get fouls blown up in their favour if a player sneezes on them, but suddenly tonight a player actively blocking the keeper from reaching the ball is fine? Why does there seem to be such variation on what a keeper can and can not get away with?

• Like 1
  • Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

Just now, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

To be honest their goal could have gone either way but having let Gestede get away with something similar in the first half it would have been harsh to give us a foul for that one. Personally neither were fouls but so often you see those free kicks given in modern day football.

It wouldn't have been harsh, because Gestede didn't even do anything, the Forest keeper clattered into his own man and went down, Gestede just happened to be in the nearby vicinity.

1 minute ago, Lord_Moose said:

Absolute sucker punch result that although that's a joke of a goal to concede. But it's still a good point.

It's not a good point though, is it? We're still in the bottom three and now we have to play Charlton and Hull which are not going to be easy games.

We should have had 3 points tonight but as usual we don't know how to defend or kill off a game when we are ahead. Woody left it far too late to make his subs as usual.

I will say though before the game looking at the lineup I thought we'd get hammered.

• Like 1

Just putting it out there, to sign for 1 million, forest had two shots on target tonight, how many went in?? I’m all for youth etc and credit to him for starting our second but we don’t score many so we have to be tight at the back and we aren’t. If we can’t score many surely Woodgate should be looking to stop conceding so many at the back? 

5 minutes ago, Somerset Boro said:

Seen the replays and he was in line at the very least mate

Fair enough. Really poor goal to concede. We really have a soft core. Under Pulis or Karanka we would have had three points tonight 

• Like 1
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

Fair enough. Really poor goal to concede. We really have a soft core. Under Pulis or Karanka we would have had three points tonight 

Under Pulis or Karanka we wouldn't be anywhere near the bottom three.

• Like 2

Woodgate will use the excuse of their second goal being allowed,  In my opinion more goals like that should be allowed it is up to the keeper to win the ball. Had it been the other way he would have been happy.

Oh  he just said it was a foul!

Heh. Just seen this on the BBC live text:

Reaction: 'Not good enough', says Worrall

FT: Middlesbrough 2-2 Nottingham Forest

Forest's Joe Worrall tells Sky Sports:

"We were rubbish in the first half. We were pants, the lot of us.

"It's not good enough from us. We should be winning that game."

Wish our lot could be that honest.

I’m crying, he’s done it again we move on to the next game. I’ve given him all the support I can he’s got to go. He says we win them all we are fine then after the game says the bottom teams runs don’t last forever!! WOODGATE OUT

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Its not 3 or 4 wins needed. What is needed is those wins and for those around us to lose more than we do. Pointless winning all 10 remaining games if those other win too...( unlikely i know but still) 

I'm talking historical point tally's that grant safety from relegation the across seasons average is around 43 points (2 wins) the recent average is 45-47 (3 wins) I think we need 4 wins this season (49-50) points to guarantee safety. I've said this for 2 months though and we haven't managed to knock off even 1 win from the tally we're almost at needing a 50% win tally from our remaining games we are in deep deep trouble.

• Like 1