oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's not a good point though, is it? We're still in the bottom three and now we have to play Charlton and Hull which are not going to be easy games.

We should have had 3 points tonight but as usual we don't know how to defend or kill off a game when we are ahead. Woody left it far too late to make his subs as usual.

I will say though before the game looking at the lineup I thought we'd get hammered.

I'm not defending the performance or Woodgate but me, you and about 99% of the board had us down to lose that game so I'd personally say yes it is a good point, obviously 3 would have been much better but I'll take a positive in this shower of S****! 

• Like 5
  • Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

Overall, a decent performance. And, solitarily, a decent result. In the grander scheme of this season though? Sadly not enough.

We simply cannot control a game from any position. We lack intelligence. In all aspects of our play. We appear sluggish, but much of that in indecision and lack of creativity and flair.

10 minutes ago, boroie said:

Pears was naive in that situation. 

in what way? He couldn't dive in and he couldn't back off. The issue is that your defenders should never let a striker go 1-vs-1 with the GK.  McNair switched off, then instead of recovering he stuck his hand up claiming offside, that's negligent. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Heh. Just seen this on the BBC live text:

Wish our lot could be that honest.

It’s the same dribble from our lot, always woodgate and always we don’t dwell, we move on to the next game and we will be fine. The guy is clueless

• Like 1
Just now, BoroMart said:

in what way? He couldn't dive in and he couldn't back off. The issue is that your defenders should never let a striker go 1-vs-1 with the GK.  McNair switched off, then instead of recovering he stuck his hand up claiming offside, that's negligent. 

Either run into him properly and bang your head off him, go down clutching your face for the free (like we see all the time), or dont just stand behind him hoping to get a free. He was not proactive there, just kind of flapped a bit and let Grabban push him backwards. He sat down after it waving his hands, but it was not obstruction. That's what I mean by naive - just giving up and hoping to be bailed out. 

IMPEDING THE PROGRESS OF AN OPPONENT WITHOUT CONTACT

Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.

All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent.

A player may shield the ball by taking a position between an opponent and the ball if the ball is within playing distance and the opponent is not held off with the arms or body. If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent.

• Thanks 1

I expected us to win this game before kick off, so I'm not happy with a point at all.

Forest are rubbish, we should have put the game to bed with our chances but we then spent the last 20 minutes knackered and hanging on.

4 points needed from the next two away games against Charlton and Hull. That’s not going to happen though. I think one point is more likely. 

31 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Sadly not a foul on Pears but what a deflection on the ball, yes we might rue missed chances now

Don't agree there, he put his arm across Pears...Now wheres me fishing rod 

On their equaliser - if that was Grabban vs. A centre back, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It doesn't suddenly become a foul just because it's a goalkeeper.

It was a fair goal.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

Thought Mc Nair was poor today, sat alongside Adam when he had the ball instead of playing in the centre circle... Seemed positive ten minutes in the second but that fizzed out , expect better from him 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I'm talking historical point tally's that grant safety from relegation the across seasons average is around 43 points (2 wins) the recent average is 45-47 (3 wins) I think we need 4 wins this season (49-50) points to guarantee safety. I've said this for 2 months though and we haven't managed to knock off even 1 win from the tally we're almost at needing a 50% win tally from our remaining games we are in deep deep trouble.

I used to be quite happy thinking that...until I did a bit of research and found that, since the 2000-01 season, teams have needed over 50 points to stay up on 6 occasions.

Thats around once every 3 seasons. Last time was the 2016-17 season (52 points) and before that was the 2012-13 season (55 points).

Since then I've felt a lot less confident about our chances of staying up...especially if the teams around us keep picking up points.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, boroie said:

Either run into him properly and bang your head off him, go down clutching your face for the free (like we see all the time), or dont just stand behind him hoping to get a free. He was not proactive there, just kind of flapped a bit and let Grabban push him backwards. He sat down after it waving his hands, but it was not obstruction. That's what I mean by naive - just giving up and hoping to be bailed out. 

agree pears should off been commanding with his hands towards the ball, that would have forced the foul by backing into him

I think it’s a foul against any of the other 23 goalkeepers in the championship. Grabban looks back at Pears, not at the ball, then he raises his arm across Pears and backs into him. A clear foul. The world wide conspiracy against the Boro continues.

3 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

On their equaliser - if that was Grabban vs. A centre back, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It doesn't suddenly become a foul just because it's a goalkeeper.

It was a fair goal.

Except in 99% of circumstances it absolutely does become a foul just because it's the goalkeeper. Yet again I will repeat, how many times have you seen fouls given for players looking at a goalie in the wrong way? It's just the bloody inconsistency of it that infuriates me. I have no issue with this goal when solely considering the goal.

• Like 1