oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

1 minute ago, BoroMart said:

Grabban should not have been allowed to be in that position without being marked, pure and simple.

That is the short and simple of it

McNair is touch tight to Grabban then as the ball loops in, he wanders off and stands in space. Howson comes across from the rights side in the general direction of the ball but doesnt challenge. It is bizarre defending (or not). McNair stands with his hands up as the ball loops in. 

image.thumb.png.aa469cdc3d57dd70642440c903a71b91.png

The ball loops in and Grabban just kind of stands there, not pinning back Pears, as it drops on to his foot to flick it around the corner. Such an easy goal to defend you would have thought. 

image.thumb.png.117ba7662bacf4c552cfda666e3fd50e.png

• Like 1
  • Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I personally dont think it is a foul. Had he done that to Makoudi or Shotton dont think we would even be having this discussion.

However, there is not much Pears could do in that situation tbf to him and blame does not lie with him. It lies with our effing defence who allowed one of the most lethal strikers in the division to be left alone in that situation 1on 1 with our keeper.

Moukoudi or Shotton don't need their arms to do their job.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Also entirely ignores the idea that goalkeepers get special protection, which they absolutely do, apart from in this one apparent instance.

Its an idea but is there a set rule about it? If there is a set rule then fair enough I accept that point.

Just now, TLF10 said:

Its an idea but is there a set rule about it? If there is a set rule then fair enough I accept that point.

I'm not sure but that's kind of my problem with this tbh, where's the bloody consistency because I would put money on that being called a foul by any other ref

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

When is Ayala and Roberts back? 
Two huge players to join us for the final games. They could be the difference.

Haven't looked at all the comments but for me

Fact 1. Grabban looked to see where Pears was.

Fact 2. He blocked him.

Fact 3. Forest score.

Fact 4. Stevie Wonder is now a football referee.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Just watched it back, that's a foul to me.

Grabban deliberately blocks off Pears and prevents him going for the ball.

That Pears should have been stronger and more savvy doesn't change that.

had a good watch over it have too disagree, he stands in pears vision and controls the ball

pears tries to run at the ball as oppose making contact with the ball, kills me to say!!

How are people seriously saying it’s a foul? Come on now. The lads literally just stood his ground and Pears has got himself in a *** position where he can’t get the ball. What grabban is doing is no different to what strikers do when they hold the ball up. 
Look at the defender to see where he is, put there arms out and make themselves big so the defender can’t get round. 
Plain and simply not a foul in any way shape or form.

• Like 2

Well I’ve been thinking we’ve been going down now for weeks but tonight has given me a tiny glimmer of hope. We needed a result of any kind and to score a couple of goals to give us any semblance of confidence going into Saturday and I do think tonight has given us that. 

I’m mainly furious that Woodgate didn’t bring on an attacking sub. We needed an outlet and something for Forest to worry about. I’ve thought that a few times this season - please please will he learn. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, boroie said:

That is the short and simple of it

McNair is touch tight to Grabban then as the ball loops in, he wanders off and stands in space. Howson comes across from the rights side in the general direction of the ball but doesnt challenge. It is bizarre defending (or not). McNair stands with his hands up as the ball loops in. 

image.thumb.png.aa469cdc3d57dd70642440c903a71b91.png

The ball loops in and Grabban just kind of stands there, not pinning back Pears, as it drops on to his foot to flick it around the corner. Such an easy goal to defend you would have thought. 

image.thumb.png.117ba7662bacf4c552cfda666e3fd50e.png

2 players are watching the ball 1 wins and the other can use his hands 

1 point from safety with 30 to play for.

Easily achievable on the face of it, but we're now 10 without a win.

Luckily the last time we were 10 without a win, we won 4 on the bounce.

• Like 1

He should have tried to claim the ball and been decisive, like when he claimed the ball into the box to start the counter for our 2nd goal. Instead he waited for it to drop, or didnt read the flight, before trying to get through a space already occupied. Sucks to concede that way but thats an experience thing for me, he'll get better. It's McNair and Howson that cost us that goal IMO. 

• Like 1

Thought Rudy did well tonight. Offered us something different. Won a lot of his aerial duels and created several chances for us. Bagged a goal as well. Not sure why he didn’t go for goal for the one in the second half though? 

• Like 4