oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

Gestede had a decent game last night but he is a certain kind of striker good for a certain kind of situations. Is Charlton away one of those? Maybe it is, I don't really remember much about how Charlton play. I don't think he's definitively proven people wrong about his capabilities for every game, he's still a limited player, but credit must be given where it is due that his inclusion worked last night for the most part and he was definitely up for the game, he was encouraging the crowd towards the end too.

• Like 1
  • Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Gestede had a decent game last night but he is a certain kind of striker good for a certain kind of situations. Is Charlton away one of those? Maybe it is, I don't really remember much about how Charlton play. I don't think he's definitively proven people wrong about his capabilities for every game, he's still a limited player, but credit must be given where it is due that his inclusion worked last night for the most part and he was definitely up for the game, he was encouraging the crowd towards the end too.

Charlton were by far the worst team to play at the Riverside this season, they were abysmal, we battered them 1-0.

I can't see them being that bad again, but they're not in good form either.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We do not have too much choice though Wilson as I would imagine Fletcher will still be on the side lines and what can we make of Britt's illness? He might have a good few days recovery period.

Gestede is odds on to start I would think

I would 100% keep the team the same. One of our biggest issues has been the constant chopping and changing never allowing a first XI to settle...  plus it sends a message that good performances are rewarded.

McNair is a conundrum... definitely at fault for one goal, arguably two. However, he's still one of our only players who can carry the ball out with a bit of pace and energy.

Wing baffles me too... he is so bad yet at the same time how can you really knock the only guy who seems to bloody score!

• Like 1

I'd agree that I wouldn't change the team.

McNair and Tav were both poor, but we need to stop making changes every single game, and we've seen they are both capable of playing well.

It must be about 4 months since we last played the same team twice in a row.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snowblind said:

I'm basing that on what we saw of him in a Boro shirt. There were several fans who wanted him in the match day squads at the beginning of the season - based on what we'd seen with our own eyes in pre-season. He didn't get a look in once Bola came. 

Sorry @Snowblind my response might have come across as being flippant or sarcastic but that was not my intention. I was trying to be factual and might have come across as just being an a*se. Apologies 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd agree that I wouldn't change the team.

McNair and Tav were both poor, but we need to stop making changes every single game, and we've seen they are both capable of playing well.

It must be about 4 months since we last played the same team twice in a row.

Agreed. I defiantly wouldn’t drop Tav. He brings energy and had a decent game last night. I would however probably bring Saville in for McNair, as I think it was extremely harsh to drop him in the first place considering he’s been our most consistent player over the last few months. McNairs also been *** recently.

24 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I would 100% keep the team the same. One of our biggest issues has been the constant chopping and changing never allowing a first XI to settle...  plus it sends a message that good performances are rewarded.

McNair is a conundrum... definitely at fault for one goal, arguably two. However, he's still one of our only players who can carry the ball out with a bit of pace and energy.

Wing baffles me too... he is so bad yet at the same time how can you really knock the only guy who seems to bloody score!

Amazingly he is now joint top scorer with Fletcher on 7 goals (both 1 ahead of Britt). 😁

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

For survival I’m interest to know where people believe the min 12 to 14 points will come from.  We to date have managed 1.05 points per games and require 1.2 to 1.4. The best way to do this would be knock out 4 to 5 wins and ha ho job done. I guess a win and 9 draws might see us OK and I believe a win or two is quite possible but it shows just how fragile and how thin a line we walk. 

Honestly? I don't think we can. I think we're down.

We may get close, but come May I think we will be down by 3-5 points.

Even if we manage to score goals on a regular basis, the fact we can't keep clean sheets will keep us in the bottom 3, I fear.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

For survival I’m interest to know where people believe the min 12 to 14 points will come from.  We to date have managed 1.05 points per games and require 1.2 to 1.4. The best way to do this would be knock out 4 to 5 wins and ha ho job done. I guess a win and 9 draws might see us OK and I believe a win or two is quite possible but it shows just how fragile and how thin a line we walk. 

Most people seem to be expecting us to win against Charlton, Stoke, Hull and Huddersfield.  I personally think that is rather unrealistic. We might manage a point off Charlton and/or Huddersfield. I don't see us getting anything from Stoke or Hull. Stoke are solid at home and O'Neil knows what is needed to exploit our weaknesses. Our home game against Hull showed just how much Grant McCann could outsmart Woody tactically, and that will not have changed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
29 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Sorry @Snowblind my response might have come across as being flippant or sarcastic but that was not my intention. I was trying to be factual and might have come across as just being an a*se. Apologies 

It's all good man - in a bit of a mood myself this morning for various reasons, Boro related and no 😅. Given you a like to get you a little rep point. 👍🏻

• Like 1

we are still miles off being a fluent unit but tbh the forest erformance was better than most recent ones and we were unlucky not to get a win. gestede played well enough to keep his place, the areas that might warrant changes are in midfield ,where by chance we do have options , CLAYTON LOOKS LABOURED AND MC NAIR DOESNT INFLUENCE ANYTHING . TAV HARRIEDBUT LACKED ANY MEANINGFUL MOMENTS , WING can get us a goal but is lacking in the fundamentals of a midfielder saville again failed to have any imact whatsoever. howson struggled in the defensive role so id maybe shove him back up into midfield .btw why isnt the new gk getting into the squad.

13 minutes ago, White Band said:

Our home game against Hull showed just how much Grant McCann could outsmart Woody tactically, and that will not have changed. 

Erm?

No, it didn't.

They were fundamentally outclassed until we went down to 10 men, and then an oustanding player in Jared Bowen snatched a draw for them.

Bowen is now gone and they are in free fall.

Our second goal in that game was by far the best team goal that we've scored in years, it was beautiful.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Erm?

No, it didn't.

They were fundamentally outclassed until we went down to 10 men, and then an oustanding player in Jared Bowen snatched a draw for them.

Bowen is now gone and they are in free fall.

Yes it did. Their substitutions and change of formation exploited our weaknesses and Woody did not have the tactical nous to know how to make substitions himself to deal with it.