oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

5 minutes ago, White Band said:

Yes it did. Their substitutions and change of formation exploited our weaknesses and Woody did not have the tactical nous to know how to make substitions himself to deal with it. 

Nah, Bowen's first goal was an individual pop shot from outside of the box and then Fry did poorly in the box to allow him to tap in the second.

Our weakness was the missing man and them having a player who has been the outstanding talent in the Championship for 2 seasons.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

Coulson was insane and Gestede did everything he needed to. While this draw felt like a loss, i can't be furious at team, there is just no point, we are in this situation now and the club needs us all to stick together.

I know that every game in the championship is a hard game, but arguably this was the hardest game on paper that we have left. If we can pick up a win at Charlton this weekend that should take us out of the relegation.

Looking at the last 10 games, we don't have any of the top teams. I am hoping/praying that we can get out of this.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nah, Bowen's first goal was an individual pop shot from outside of the box and then Fry did poorly in the box to allow him to tap in the second.

Our weakness was the missing man and them having a player who has been the outstanding talent in the Championship for 2 seasons.

And yet in the same situation, other teams have actually played better than us with one fewer man this season.  We were terrible in that second half and some of that was definitely down to Woodgate - didn't we have Tavernier as a left back with the reason given that Woodgate thought he was better defensively than Coulson?  Some nonsense like that anyway and that was after bringing Clayton on for Fletcher at half time.

15 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Lets see what tomorrow's planned meeting brings - He may get the support he needs from experience till the end of the season.

I don't believe in any way, shape or form that he will be sacked.

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

And yet in the same situation, other teams have actually played better than us with one fewer man this season.  We were terrible in that second half and some of that was definitely down to Woodgate - didn't we have Tavernier as a left back with the reason given that Woodgate thought he was better defensively than Coulson?  Some nonsense like that anyway and that was after bringing Clayton on for Fletcher at half time.

Because Woodgate's not very good at in game management, it's not because the Hull manager was.

They've not won a single game since selling Bowen.

They play Stoke and Charlton next, so any outcome in those fixtures can be positive for us if we scrape some points together.

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:
2 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I would 100% keep the team the same. One of our biggest issues has been the constant chopping and changing never allowing a first XI to settle...  plus it sends a message that good performances are rewarded.

McNair is a conundrum... definitely at fault for one goal, arguably two. However, he's still one of our only players who can carry the ball out with a bit of pace and energy.

Wing baffles me too... he is so bad yet at the same time how can you really knock the only guy who seems to bloody score!

Amazingly he is now joint top scorer with Fletcher on 7 goals (both 1 ahead of Britt). 😁

It's not that amazing.  He's had more shots than anyone else in the squad.  Only Gestede has had more shots per 90 mins than him as well.  If you shoot a lot, and you aren't completely terrible, you're probably going to score a few.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Because Woodgate's not very good at in game management, it's not because the Hull manager was.

They've not won a single game since selling Bowen.

They play Stoke and Charlton next, so any outcome in those fixtures can be positive for us if we scrape some points together.

Oh yeah, I agree with that.  Just saying, we've hardly covered ourselves in glory in the same situations but then we haven't in most situations this season.

5 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Think SDS said last week that there was a MFC meeting organised for today.

Oh right.  Gibson has already said his piece yesterday so this meeting seems pointless to me?

13 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Stojanovic 

Howson     Moukoudi     Shotton       Johnson 

Saville

Spence.        Wing        Tav          Coulson 

Fletcher  

I like it actually. Id actually think about leave Rudy up front. He seems to be better being that lone striker

1 hour ago, Snowblind said:

It's all good man - in a bit of a mood myself this morning for various reasons, Boro related and no 😅. Given you a like to get you a little rep point. 👍🏻

Haha hope your day improves. And favour returned on the rep points. We should stop flirting with one another now as other board members might feel uneasy.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Oh right.  Gibson has already said his piece yesterday so this meeting seems pointless to me?

Yeah probably. I’m assuming it’s more of a regular, scheduled meeting - opposed to a crisis meeting. Afterall, Gibson does not see us on the brink of relegation to League One as a crisis.