oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

A depressing stat indeed... 

Now, now.

Fletcher has scored 8, not 7.

Wing is 100% going to end up our top scorer the way things are going though.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Wow 1

Not surprised Wing is our 2nd top scorer, he's the only one who dares shoot.

I'd really like to see the likes of McNair take an effort more often.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Haha hope your day improves. And favour returned on the rep points. We should stop flirting with one another now as other board members might feel uneasy.

bart simpson treehouse GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Woke this morning and I’m of the same opinion Woody is way out of depth. I truly believe any decent manager could have had this team comfortably sitting mid table. if forum members can see and smell a goal coming then why can’t Woody and make changes, oh he does make changes but the wrong ones. I’m not denying I went to bed disappointed but thinking we did alright, but now looking back it’s obvious we  self-destruct, we have an affinity to self harm.  

Games follow the same pattern time after time, conceding by sloppy goals. I can’t think I have seen any team concede so many by there own team or off so many ricochets. 
We should never have been discussing survival, but we are because neither this game or Leeds really mattered, no it was all the other games of supposing weaker opposition we drew or lost too,which in lies the belief any average experienced manager would have this team sitting comfortably mid table. This team which is now 20 points worse off than last season. 

So the question, did we see enough to state this team can return a 30% points improvement over the next 10 games. That’s reality, that’s what we need, a 30% improvement on the past 36 game points. 

He made the right changes, just 10 mins too late. I called for both those changes because Wing was leaving our midfield exposed and Tav had ran out of gas. He doesn't seem entirely fit to me. I thought Saville was our best CM option at that point, to shore it up, and Spence might offer an option on the break. The changes were too late and allowed Forest to build the pressure and wear us down.

• Like 1

I was at the game last night, I'm in the North Stand and wasn't sure if it was a foul on Pears for the Forest 2nd goal, but having viewed it again in my opinion there's nothing wrong with it keeper had to be stronger and wasn't. Pears has made some decent saves in recent weeks but he doesn't fill me with confidence, not tall enough or strong enough to command his area, struggles on crosses. I think its time for Stojanovic to be put between the sticks, at 6ft 5 he'll be well capable on crosses. Pears couldn't complain we haven't won in 12. I wouldn't allow McNair anywhere near free kicks or corners, he's atrocious, can't think of another player who consistently over hits a ball like he does. 

Fair result last night, we did our usual trick sitting too deep, an old habit we don't seem to be able to get rid of, the thing was when we attacked down the wings, Forest I thought looked shaky, we started the 2nd half well, but we allowed Forest a long spell of sustained pressure mainly down to our midfielders being  unable to hold the ball and string together 2 passes, the 2nd Forest goal is once again self inflicted. 

• Like 1

Agree Forest were there for the taking, had we scored a third when on top we probably would have gone onto a win, which happened in a alternative universe by the way!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Agree Forest were there for the taking, had we scored a third when on top we probably would have gone onto a win, which happened in a alternative universe by the way!

You mean it happened in the world of Woody and Steve Gibson? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Charlton were by far the worst team to play at the Riverside this season, they were abysmal, we battered them 1-0.

I can't see them being that bad again, but they're not in good form either.

Lyle Taylor is back and scoring for them though, despite their terrible result on Saturday. He was missing the last time we played them and is the reason they were doing so well at the start of the season, an incredibly efficient striker. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, boroie said:

Lyle Taylor is back and scoring for them though, despite their terrible result on Saturday. He was missing the last time we played them and is the reason they were doing so well at the start of the season, an incredibly efficient striker. 

He came off the bench for them against us, but it's a fair point as he won't have been close to sharpness when he came on.

• Like 1

Charlton at home are quite strong. Out of their 10 wins, 7 have been at home. Couple that with fact our away record is the 2nd worst in whole league with 2 wins all season this will be a very tough game imo. 

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Nothing to report... targets for next season being discussed... also players who are free to go... no chance on woodgate etc. 10 games to go

Zzz Zzz Boorrrinnnggggggg 😴