oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

5 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Nothing to report... targets for next season being discussed... also players who are free to go... no chance on woodgate etc. 10 games to go

The way we're heading the target for next season will probably be league 1 survival... 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Nothing to report... targets for next season being discussed... also players who are free to go... no chance on woodgate etc. 10 games to go

Thanks for the update. I don’t know your source so not sure how much info you have, but any acknowledgement that trying to play the season on a threadbare squad or allowing so many contracts to run down at the same time might have been a mistake? Our entire back 4 yesterday will be gone in summer for example! Any pressure on those in charge of contracts and recruitment? 

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Asked my terrier the same thing, She gave the same answer "targets for next season being discussed... also players who are free to go... no chance on woodgate etc. 10 games to go"  Whoof  Whoof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we go down Howson and Ayala are expected to leave. That being said, the club are expecting Ayala to leave regardless.

Woodgate wants Moukoudi and Gibson as his back two next season. Club are expecting to sell Fry to generate money for the above*

*if we stay up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Discussing targets for next season in our precarious situation when we look likely to go down sounds a bit arrogant.

It doesn’t make sense to apparently move the meeting forwards only to discuss targets for the summer when we still don’t know which league we’ll be in. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, TheJew said:

If we go down Howson and Ayala are expected to leave. That being said, the club are expecting Ayala to leave regardless.

Woodgate wants Moukoudi and Gibson as his back two next season. Club are expecting to sell Fry to generate money for the above*

*if we stay up

Thank you. Excuse my ignorance but are you a new poster? I not seen your username post before? Are you ITK or is the above your guess at what club want to happen?

Only just started posting on here after lurking for years.

Got a few decent connections within and around the club including former player that has a nickname after a rodent. Seriously. If you know, you know.

Take it for what you will.

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

*if we stay up

Ayala has been offered a really good contract, but he is looking to see whats available elsewhere. Boro dont see the point in spending to try and find a replacement when they can offer Dani a contract. Not up to the club in the end though i guess

11 hours ago, Gilling Red said:

Asked my terrier the same thing, She gave the same answer "targets for next season being discussed... also players who are free to go... no chance on woodgate etc. 10 games to go"  Whoof  Whoof.

Ask her "do you know what it is like to be a Boro fan this season"?  She should reply "Ruff, Ruff":classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Borodane said:

Discussing targets for next season in our precarious situation when we look likely to go down sounds a bit arrogant.

It doesn’t make sense to apparently move the meeting forwards only to discuss targets for the summer when we still don’t know which league we’ll be in. 

We will be targeting league 1 level players either way.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Looking at the next 4 fixtures they are very winnable and if we somehow win them all we are safe 

They're winnable if we can somehow get our defence to stop leaking like Julian Assange's website.

Like I said in my earlier post, unless Woody can somehow remedy this, I fear we are down. Even if we can keep scoring goals, we're looking at a point per game, max, if we can't stop them going in at our end.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, White Band said:

You mean it happened in the world of Woody and Steve Gibson? 

In the world of Woody and Gibson, it was as good as a win and the players are now hugely motivated to kick on and make a push for a top 10 finish. Woody also now knows his best team and formation and will stick with them...

😁

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, TheJew said:

*if we stay up

A truly stand out partnership for League 1

• Like 2