oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

31 minutes ago, Will said:

A truly stand out partnership for League 1

I doubt Moukoudi would want to play third tier football when a host of other clubs were after him and if a player who was on the fringe of the England set up is happy to drop down to third tier football during his peak years then I would seriously question his attitude and motivation. I would be amazed if either are here next season as we will be butchering business costs not just cutting them trying to survive on 8K crowds with stands shut. 

• Sad 1
  • Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Borodane said:

Discussing targets for next season in our precarious situation when we look likely to go down sounds a bit arrogant.

It doesn’t make sense to apparently move the meeting forwards only to discuss targets for the summer when we still don’t know which league we’ll be in. 

I have a feeling the targets will be very similar regardless of what league we'll be in. 

• Like 1

The fact they're already discussing targets for next season is part of the problem. 

How can they possibly plan for two different scenarios when we dont know where we will be?

Theres a lot of if, buts and maybes before the summer recruitment begins. 

Do you know what I do find funny though. You think about how much Jakanovic would have wanted IF he was to come. Is that really that much money on what we have wasted on the new goal keeper? 1m, and the various loan deals we had for players? 

Added to this, Britt is leaving at the end of the season, so should we have sold him to fund money for a manager? 

We've *** it

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I have a feeling the targets will be very similar regardless of what league we'll be in. 

Save Ben Gibson of course PL to Div 1 in one quick journey, somehow I do not see that. Also any monies we do have all going on one player when there will be so much rebuilding to do.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I doubt Moukoudi would want to play third tier football when a host of other clubs were after him and if a player who was on the fringe of the England set up is happy to drop down to third tier football during his peak years then I would seriously question his attitude and motivation. I would be amazed if either are here next season as we will be butchering business costs not just cutting them trying to survive on 8K crowds with stands shut. 

That was kind of my point.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Save Ben Gibson of course PL to Div 1 in one quick journey, somehow I do not see that. Also any monies we do have all going on one player when there will be so much rebuilding to do.

I'd like to think that it is such a ridiculous scenario that it couldn't be possibly contemplated but then Gibbo made Woodgate the Manager so I guess this summer he will need to trump that one!

Moukoudi reminds me of Andre Bikey at times, which is obviously a concern. He has some great moments but I’m always concerned about him doing something rash. He clearly has potential if he can learn to become more reliable and composed.

If we get relegated to League One then pretty much everyone will be wanting to leave. Any squad building plans will be destroyed.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Yep, no Gibson and loans will of course be of a lower calibre. But our recent permanent signings have been League 1 players anyway.

Starting to feel a little bit like staying up this year is simply prolonging an eventual long-term stint in the 3rd division. Can't outspend and definitely cannot out-strategise most other championship clubs. Assuming the dream team of Gibson and Woody stay, that is. 

One things for certain I don't see Howson, or Ayala playing League 1 football next season, or Fry for that matter, so it will save the club the trouble of trying to negotiate a contract for them. However League 1 would be ideal for the likes of Shotton, Bola, Johnson, Browne Dijksteel, home from home for them, and Fletcher should be like Aguero in League1. The future looks bright in the lower division :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

The fact they're already discussing targets for next season is part of the problem. 

How can they possibly plan for two different scenarios when we dont know where we will be?

Theres a lot of if, buts and maybes before the summer recruitment begins. 

Disagree with this entirely.

They should be planning for both outcomes as early as possible.

It's not hard to set out a list of separate targets depending on which league we're in.

I'd sooner they didn't wait till safety or relegation was confirmed as it leaves them less time to arrange transfers before the next season begins.

• Like 1

There's only a list of players for remaining in the Championship as far as I know. See Gibson and Moukoudi.

Robert's also here next season if we stay up but think this is relatively common knowledge already. 

Ironically the players we signed last summer were all from league 1! 

I think that's a big thing for me, how many of these players actually are willing to play in League One for us? How many will we sell or be forced to sell? This is the best team I can put together using players I think will definitely be here if we go down.

Pears
Dijksteel Wood Stubbs Bola
Wearne Malley Liddle
Browne O'Neill Walker

I suspect two or three of the current first team players who are still under contract, we'll either be unable to shift or will try desperately to hang onto. We'll perhaps want to keep Fry, Spence, Coulson, Tav, Wing, Saville, McNair and Fletch but I think some of them will go, regardless of how recently they've signed their contracts.

We'll pretty certainly lose Friend, Ayala, Shotton, Clayton, Howson, Johnson, Britt and Gestede. Moukoudi, Morrison, Roberts and Nmecha all go back to their parent clubs. And with the money made from selling, we'll try to pick up a few more League One players, particularly needing experience. And given how much money we may make (relative to League One player valuations), I expect we'll get ripped off too.

EDIT - Might even be optimistic to expect Pears to stay, given he's not signed a contract yet.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think that's a big thing for me, how many of these players actually are willing to play in League One for us? How many will we sell or be forced to sell? This is the best team I can put together using players I think will definitely be here if we go down.

Pears
Dijksteel Wood Stubbs Bola
Wearne Malley Liddle
Browne O'Neill Walker

I suspect two or three of the current first team players who are still under contract, we'll either be unable to shift or will try desperately to hang onto. We'll perhaps want to keep Fry, Spence, Coulson, Tav, Wing, Saville, McNair and Fletch but I think some of them will go, regardless of how recently they've signed their contracts.

We'll pretty certainly lose Friend, Ayala, Shotton, Clayton, Howson, Johnson, Britt and Gestede. Moukoudi, Morrison, Roberts and Nmecha all go back to their parent clubs. And with the money made from selling, we'll try to pick up a few more League One players, particularly needing experience. And given how much money we may make (relative to League One player valuations), I expect we'll get ripped off too.

Coulson, Tav, Spence just signed new contracts so isnt it up to the team if they stay of go? I would think they would still be around for next season. 

Just now, CanadianBoro said:

Coulson, Tav, Spence just signed new contracts so isnt it up to the team if they stay of go? I would think they would still be around for next season. 

Plus Spence has an option of another year that the club can invoke.