oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

JW has suggested friend should be fit but Fletch wont be. I therefore expect him to go 4.2.3.1. If that is case I would go with:

Pears

Howson Shotton Harold Friend

Paddy Sav

Tav Ravel Coulson

Britt

It seems clear Coulson will play LW if he plays now and Friend is only left back we got.

I would bring back Paddy in. Hopefully his time out team has a positive effect.

Jw has spent much of week talking about our final ball in attack being poor. In that respect surely Ravel starts given when describing his strenghts JW has referred to his ability to pick a pass and the weight of his pass being key strengths.

Britt needs to step up big time. He starts ahead of Nmecha n Rudy by default as all 3 been poor but Britt still more likely out the 3 to get a goal.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

On 2/27/2020 at 9:59 AM, FamilyBoro said:

Questions:

1)  Prediction?

2) Do you see a draw as any point is good at the minute, or a win a must due to the current standings

3) Expecting Britt to start, can he actually have a decent game for once against his former team?

4)  Putting aside our circumstance, if Leeds & Forest are promoted, will you actually be more or less interested in PL next season? I.e. watching occasions with these teams rather than teams we are less inclined about such as Watford, Bournemouth, Southampton etc. (Hope that makes sense)

Answers:

1. We're going to lose.

2. Given the current form of teams around us, nothing short of wins is good enough now. A 0-0 won't help us. Which brings us onto question 3...

3. Isn't Britt already on the beach? He looks disinterested at best, and that stupid smile whenever he balloons the ball into row ZZ really gets on my thrupennies. Could an U23 player really do worse than he has lately?

4. I deliberately haven't watched a PL game since VAR came in. It's ruined the live experience. Yes, it's crossed the line! Oh hang on, now there's five minutes of everyone staring at reffie while he stares into the distance while someone we can't see stares at 50 replays looking for prominent pubic hair in the build up, and eventually concludes No Goal. No thanks. I've got better things to do with my time than watch the PL slowly (very slowly) morph into the NFL.

2 hours ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Woodgate was going on a scouting trip today to watch a player, but the trip has been cancelled as the player is not playing today.  Link.

Any idea who the player is?

Absolutely no idea but i assume its UK based player and probably from lower leagues. Based on who we been linked with in past i will take a slightly educated guess it could be Wes Burns at Fleetwood or that lad at Exeter whose name escapes me. Albeit it could be any 1 of a 100 players.

I was wondering before the Leeds game whether we should try Coulson and Spence higher up the pitch in the wing positions. Then Woody selected Coulson at LW and he played really well. We don't really have much to lose at this point of the season, and the things we have been doing haven't been working.

I'd like us to line-up like;

------------------------Pears

Dijksteel* Big Harold Shotton Friend

------------Howson -------- Saville

Spence --------------Tav ---------- Coulson

------------------------ Britt

*Played 60 mins in the week, so injury permitting.

28 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

4-0 Leeds, ouch.

Bamford was barely involved again, and his replacement scored a brace from the bench.

Twinned with that shocking miss against us, I could see him getting dropped.

Cool but how do you fancy our chances against Forest?

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Cool but how do you fancy our chances against Forest?

I've already said in this thread.

But I'm mentioning a result that's directly relevant to us.

Hull are the only team currently in worse form than us and are only 4 points off the drop.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I've already said in this thread.

But I'm mentioning a result that's directly relevant to us.

Hull are the only team currently in worse form than us and are only 4 points off the drop.

I know, I was yanking your chain.

6 hours ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Woodgate was going on a scouting trip today to watch a player, but the trip has been cancelled as the player is not playing today.  Link.

Any idea who the player is?

We need a left back so he was going to go and look at one playing for Blackpool but he hasn't been selected again.