oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

Just now, Dynamo Kev said:

what about the dozen saves he made against leeds last week? lets be honest he's 21 and pretty damn good for that age. as keepers only get better as they get older. he could be our keeper for a decade or two.

I'll be honest I didn't see the Leeds game, I'm coaching on a Wednesday night, I agree for 21 he's good, but not a championship level keeper atm for me, in a year or two maybe but not for a team that is supposed to be looking to finish top half. 

Pears is a decent keeper, I think he's about average for where we are. With age on his side he can become a lot better, but I remember with Turnbull and Brad Jones came through, when Jason Steele came through. We've seen promising keepers turn out to be rubbish before. I think with a better defence we'd think he was a lot better (like Dimi). 

Also WTF Gestede! Throw your head at that FFS!