oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

1 minute ago, CanadianBoro said:

Coulson, Tav, Spence just signed new contracts so isnt it up to the team if they stay of go? I would think they would still be around for next season. 

Fry, Wing, Saville, McNair, Fletch and Britt are all still under contract too. It doesn't stop people from making offers or the players themselves wanting to leave if someone higher up shows interest.

• Like 1
  • Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

Pears may well sign a new contract, I do however feel we've brought a 6ft 5inch keeper in to be our No1. Made some good saves over the last few weeks has Pears but I'm still not convinced about other parts of his game so if he doesn't sign not the end of the world for me.

30 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Fry, Wing, Saville, McNair, Fletch and Britt are all still under contract too. It doesn't stop people from making offers or the players themselves wanting to leave if someone higher up shows interest.

Another effect of the Bosman ruling. Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on (unless there are some fairly weighty clauses included).

3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Another effect of the Bosman ruling. Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on (unless there are some fairly weighty clauses included).

This doesn’t make much sense. The Bosman ruling prevents clubs from holding on to registrations for out of contract players ie. modern slavery. It doesn’t force clubs to sell players under contract. 

24 minutes ago, Borodane said:

This doesn’t make much sense. The Bosman ruling prevents clubs from holding on to registrations for out of contract players ie. modern slavery. It doesn’t force clubs to sell players under contract. 

It also doesn't prevent other clubs "tapping up" players under contract.

Not to mention that players know they can just "down tools" if they're not happy and get a move, because its less hassle than trying to hang on to them.

What Bosman was trying to achieve was fine...but its gone way beyond that now.

40 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

It also doesn't prevent other clubs "tapping up" players under contract.

Not to mention that players know they can just "down tools" if they're not happy and get a move, because its less hassle than trying to hang on to them.

What Bosman was trying to achieve was fine...but its gone way beyond that now.

But it doesn’t really have anything to do with bosman that a player can say he wants to leave when under contract. They could also do that before the ruling.