oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 2-2 (Gestede, Wing)

My team for forest (4-2-3-1)

Pears

Spence   Moukoudi   Shotton    Johnson

Clayton        Howson                

Tavernier         Morrison            Coulson

Fletch/Britt

Like the idea of having Clayton sitting deep and howson box to box, think we look more solid with Clayts in front of the back 4. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame that, I thought we played alright tonight although we ran out of steam.  I'm possibly being unfair here but I thought McNair was at fault for both goals we conceded.  I didn't think there was mu

Team News / Injury Update: Manager - A lot is being said that Woody is playing out his last few days as Middlesbrough manager. Could a not too horrendous display against Leeds and a win against F

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

No great loss the mans finished, garbage against Leeds.

It’s a loss in the sense that now Coulson will probably go back to Lb. 

That essentially gets rid of any pace and attacking threat from the forwards.

Nice thread FB! Well done for managing to stay at least somewhat optimistic in the face of overwhelming odds.

View from the other side:

A well detailed opening post on the fans forum - http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=48611 

Well the poster who started the thread is a bit of an insulting ***. The rest seem to be a bit more sympathetic...even somehow seeing us as a potential banana skin. 😂

Questions

1)  Prediction?

Similar to the Leeds game, I'm thinking. Forest will probably be below their best, but still considerably better than us. Their recent form has been a bit iffy, so it'll be a narrow win for them:

Boro 0 - 1 Forest

2) Do you see a draw as any point is good at the minute, or a win a must due to the current standings

Survival-wise, only wins are going to really help us. But a point might help restore some morale & confidence.

3) Expecting Britt to start, can he actually have a decent game for once against his former team?

I wouldn't even have Britt on the bench, precisely because this is Forest. But if he does start, I fully expect him to be completely anonymous and subbed after 60 minutes or so.

4)  Putting aside our circumstance, if Leeds & Forest are promoted, will you actually be more or less interested in PL next season? I.e. watching occasions with these teams rather than teams we are less inclined about such as Watford, Bournemouth, Southampton etc. (Hope that makes sense)

My interest in the PL will remain exactly the same. Been following Spurs, Liverpool and Man Utd's results and catching highlights on MOTD. Won't change much, unless the title race is more interesting next season.

14 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

It’s a loss in the sense that now Coulson will probably go back to Lb. 

That essentially gets rid of any pace and attacking threat from the forwards.

Well I see your point with regards to Coulson, but Friend looked a liability at LB ,got caught out time and time again, I think Friend playing would do us more harm than good, he was shocking against Leeds..

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Well I see your point with regards to Coulson, but Friend looked a liability at LB ,got caught out time and time again, I think Friend playing would do us more harm than good, he was shocking against Leeds..

I wouldn't worry about it, he'll probably drop Coulson to the bench anyway.

Forest can't break down teams who sit back and let Forest attack.

It's happened to them so many times this season and that's how we should aim to play, on the counter attack.

Maybe we'll somehow fluke a draw or a win cause Forest have been a bit of a charity to *** teams this season.

But let's be honest, we've got Woodgate in charge so it'll most likely be a 1-0 loss.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Yeah I probably agree with you there. 
Wouldn’t be surprised if he went back to 5 at the back and had Coulson as wing back. That way we could still get his threat going forward. 

10 hours ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

2-0 to The Boro! The climb up the league starts tomorrow. 

Well it is "leap day" but not for us as we play Monday!

However a point or Wigan and a win for Barnsley might see them leap up a bit.

Do so hope WBA win today the thought of seeing us in the bottom 3 fills me with dread 

27 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Woodgate was going on a scouting trip today to watch a player, but the trip has been cancelled as the player is not playing today.  Link.

Any idea who the player is?

Well that bodes well another player who is either naff or injury prone:classic_huh:

Games of significant interest for all Boro fans in the hope of survival today as follows:

Hull V Leeds (sadly want an away win)

WBA V Wigan (home win please)

Luton V Stoke (prefer a draw but not a Stoke win)

Huddersfield V Charlton (prefer a win here for either team a draw means one point further ahead from Boro for both)

Reading V Barnsley (home win please or at worst a draw)