oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson's stranglehold on scrutiny?

19 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Their will be life after Gibson, my only concern is that his daughter will be known by her married name😐

Why would his daughter take over isn’t she a actress by trade? 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What are other people's views on how whether there is sufficient scrutiny on the Club internally and externally such as through the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees?. My post in the "Should Jonathan Woodg

Outstanding post. When Sajid Javid resigned from Government, he said it was necessary to speak truth to power. That applies everywhere, including at MFC. And we can't rely on the usual agents to

I have a real fundamental problem with the way we're ran and the way the club is covered by our local press living in Nottingham let me tell you the Post has very different coverage of Forest than the

Posted Images

8 hours ago, xathras said:

On the flip side. I can see why Gibson has hit out in some ways when you look at the millions every month he has put into the club and feeling the fans don't see or appreciate it. The younger generation also never saw or witnessed the teams of 1986 and I myself was only 4 at the time so was never in a position to understand. 

It's his own choice though. When you insist on having a recruitment team that hands out 40-50k contracts in the championship and recruits players for over 70 million pounds in two season (still in the Championship) you are asking for trouble. And even more so when you insist on paying a dire manager 3 million and the glaring holes in the team still isn't fixed then you are really wanting it to go wrong. Every man and his dog could see that the team wasn't fixed and ready to be in a promotion battle. Post relegation we had every chance to be a well run club with a stable economy. It's on Gibson himself.

8 hours ago, xathras said:

As for Gazette, a lot was said when they weren't allowed at the club (or said individuals) and honestly felt it was handbags by both parties. I am glad that its "resolved" but i am sure there is some apprehension  what it comes to publishing time. 

It hasn't been resolved though. The Evening Gibson has sold it's soul to the local businessman and has happily bent itself over a barrell. It's embarrassing to watch from the outside. I'll tell you what, the local paper in my town has a healthy love/hate relationship with the local club. They are invited to everything in the club and usually get first dips on stories but they rip into the club when they do something they find wrong. The manager, chairman and football director is in no way safe from the scrutiny of the paper. And that's how it should be. How can you trust a journalist that only prints what he is being told by a private company? Fox News is almost more believable than the EG.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Why would his daughter take over isn’t she a actress by trade? 🤷‍♂️

I just fear that the club will stay the property of the Gibson family in one way or another, it is not beyond the realms of possibility

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I just fear that the club will stay the property of the Gibson family in one way or another, it is not beyond the realms of possibility

This could explain why Ben is going to return on low wages. He might inherit the club in the future so isn’t too bothered by the current wage packet?

32 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Actress/model/professional idiot

And she speaks very highly of you 😉

Ben Gibson will help her run the club as DOF and possibly the joint owner. I would think he'll be in for a percentage of the club at the very least.

Very few chairmen achieve success and most don’t stay in charge for over 30 years, there have been ups and downs, mistakes and successes, that’s the nature of football.

Why not concentrate on the positives? The club have managed to get from the third tier, to the second and then to the first under Steve Gibson’s tenure.

We’ve been relegated from the premier league 3 times, but we’ve also been promoted 3 times, won a cup, reached 3 other cup finals and had 2 seasons in Europe.

As for all the money that’s been wasted, I didn’t see many on here complain when we signed Britt or Vossen or Braithwaite, I think sometimes you need to put things into perspective, you can’t complain about spending too much on the one hand, whilst complaining about not spending on the other hand. If you look at other clubs of a comparable size, he’s invested a fair amount over the years, some successfully, some not, I really don’t see the need for a witch hunt. 

There are always going to be ups and downs, no need to throw your toys out of the pram or presume that you know more about running a football club than Gibson does, oh and be careful what you wish for!

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Very few chairmen achieve success and most don’t stay in charge for over 30 years, there have been ups and downs, mistakes and successes, that’s the nature of football.

Why not concentrate on the positives? The club have managed to get from the third tier, to the second and then to the first under Steve Gibson’s tenure.

We’ve been relegated from the premier league 3 times, but we’ve also been promoted 3 times, won a cup, reached 3 other cup finals and had 2 seasons in Europe.

As for all the money that’s been wasted, I didn’t see many on here complain when we signed Britt or Vossen or Braithwaite, I think sometimes you need to put things into perspective, you can’t complain about spending too much on the one hand, whilst complaining about not spending on the other hand. If you look at other clubs of a comparable size, he’s invested a fair amount over the years, some successfully, some not, I really don’t see the need for a witch hunt. 

There are always going to be ups and downs, no need to throw your toys out of the pram or presume that you know more about running a football club than Gibson does, oh and be careful what you wish for!

Great post billy 

51 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Actress/model/professional idiot

I went to school with a couple of blokes like you, they thought they knew everything and the rest of the world were idiots. Whilst the rest of us listened to advice, worked hard and progressed in life, they invariably ended up in dead end jobs with very few prospects and little job satisfaction. 

Don’t be one of those guys. 

• Like 1

Think some people need to calm down. I’m sure Victoria had Actress/Model/Professional idiot in her own twitter bio a while back IIRC 

(Now it says “Pretender/ Ally “ ) 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Think some people need to calm down. I’m sure Victoria had Actress/Model/Professional idiot in her own twitter bio a while back IIRC 

(Now it says “Pretender/ Ally “ ) 

That's what I was referring to. She changes her bio more often than I change my socks 😂

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That's what I was referring to. She changes her bio more often than I change my socks 😂

Don’t worry I got it. 

But just remember that this is the Internet. If something can be taken the wrong way, it almost certainly will 👍