oneBoro Forum

Who was the last manager we had that improved our players?

4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You can be pro leave or remain, just as long as your not a Tory, you are alright in my book. 

Wow - you must hate quite a bit of the country then, given the results of the last election! 😂

Anyway, we'd better get this thread back on track before the mods step in. Continue this in Off Topic, if necessary.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overwhelmingly Karanka. I think you look at the squad and the majority of those players were arguably playing the best football of their careers under him. Clayton, Ayala, Dimi, Gibson, Bamford, Tomli

Josef Varga a midfielder who played at right back and actually looked pretty good there! I agree with the rest of your list.  Ramirez got better and better in the Championship under Karanka, I'm

Sorry but if you can’t see that 14-17 Adam Clayton was significantly better than the one who had spent his career in mid table mediocrity then there’s really no point discussing it further.

I agree but I wouldn't discriminate or mock someone who believed in their policies. Life is too short for behaviour like that. People should just relax and learn to respect the opinion of others.

Getting too deep for me this. I only like chatting football so I'm out. 👍

7 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The 60’s musician? That would be quite a coup, he died 2 years ago. 

Even better: Barry Stanton was (maybe still is, I got rid of twitter a couple of years ago) this twitter account that parodied the stereotypical brexity, racist, white, middle-aged dad. Was pretty hilarious. Also led to some interesting critical debate. The picture the account used was of some guy called Nigel Addison who was ironically a Labour member - for all I thought the account was gold, felt sorry for him. After that came out, the account got taken down. It came back in various guises but I'm not sure if the original user still posts under it.

16 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

No, but removing core beers and spirits from your menu just because they're European does.

You could also look at it as a shrewd business decision, based on the uncertainty surrounding future supply of those drinks, or the increased costs if / when import tariffs kick in.

Some people would look at it as planning ahead, instead of waiting for the shoe to drop then panicking when they can't get hold of, or afford stuff they used to buy.

Personally I think there was also some jingoism involved, but I wouldn't presume to know how he thinks.

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

What's wrong with being against facism?

Antifa are scum just like the NF. They need jailing.

As I said earlier I will only chat about football so go and argue with someone else if you still need to let off steam over brexit.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Wow - you must hate quite a bit of the country then, given the results of the last election! 😂

Anyway, we'd better get this thread back on track before the mods step in. Continue this in Off Topic, if necessary.

Hate is a strong word, but I certainly think that a lot of the people who voted Tory did so for selfish reasons. 

I also think that the Labour leader frightened quite a few would be labour voters away and many who voted Conservative wouldn’t necessarily identify as Tory. I think that group of people are going to find things more difficult under Johnson than they had hoped. 

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm not even going to wade into the Brexit debate. But Karanka hands down improved players, no ifs or buts.

He improved their ability to perform the role he asked of them. There is a difference.