• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should have created a poll for this like I did with my Woodgate thread. But yeah, Gibson has taken this club as far as he can. In fact he took it as far as he could when he appointed Karanka,

Still in total denial that he made a massive mistake in appointing a rookie manager who was never going to stand a chance in a season of survival / stabilisation. Throws all the previous managers

Thats what pisses me off (and I suspect a lot of others) about that statement. Gibson repeatedly states that Boro are a big, Premier League club and that promotion is what everybody at the club i

30 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Blimey, we haven't even lost this weekend and people are getting increasingly radged!  Poor Steve.

The devil makes work for idle hands to do 👎

wind up dog GIF

You wind-up merchant, you.

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Does anyone know where all this talk of Red Bull taking us over has come from?

Is it something that has just snowballed into a reality that now exists only in our minds from Chinese whispers or one guy's suggestion, or has there been anything concrete on this? If so can someone post a source?

Genuinely asking, not contending.

I think it all stemmed from this Daily Mail article about Red Bull apparently being interested in acquiring an English club.

Seems they did actually send a director over to watch matches involving Chelsea, Charlton & Brentford.

https://www.90min.com/posts/4083037-red-bull-plans-underway-to-buy-an-english-club-to-add-to-their-growing-list-of-football-teams

Then couple that with the story about how RB transformed a German lower league club (forget the name) into RB Leipzig...and voilá.

• Thanks 1

I'd rather be in league 1 with an owner that actually cares about the club than sell our soul to an energy drink company.

Some of you need to seriously think about what would happen to us if we got an awful owner in. Without Steve there wouldn't be a club now, we would have died in 1986

2 minutes ago, ham_chop said:

I'd rather be in league 1 with an owner that actually cares about the club than sell our soul to an energy drink company.

Some of you need to seriously think about what would happen to us if we got an awful owner in. Without Steve there wouldn't be a club now, we would have died in 1986

Wow a real blast from the past, hi HC long time no post but good to see you again, trouble is one is either pro or anti SG but things do need changing

HC, the likelihood is you’ll get your preferred option. Gibbo is, I’m afraid, a pale shadow of the once great man. I certainly don’t wish for more of the ineffective chairman/ owner he has become 

• Like 1

HC, the problem with what your saying there is do we have an owner that cares about the club?

I havnt seen much evidence from SG in the last few years to say that he does.

Why do these arguments always get polarized. 

We could just as easily get an amazing owner as a terrible one. 

I dont care where our chairman/owner is from as long as they are good for the club.

What has Steve Gibson got right?

He got it right with The Riverside move, Academy and Rockcliffe which brought in more revenue but I am struggling to think of anything on the recruitment side for both staff and players that we can say provided long term success.

As much as I loved the Robson era we simply spent more than the majority of clubs in the top flight to attract players and didnt build a solid foundation. With the amount of money invested we should have done significantly more than we did during that period to build if you consider the success of the likes of Blackburn and Leicester. It makes you wonder if we had of appointed Martin O'Neill, Arsene Wenger or David Moyes back at that time what may have been.  The argument is that Robson was able to attract star names that grew the profile of the club but in a matter of a couple of seasons we were back in the 1st Division after some may say negligent management from the top (3 Points).

Same for the McClaren era that was built on significant wages and no real structure or identity.

Clubs who invested in expensive foreign imports like Portsmouth and Bolton were examples of clubs with a lack of structure, identify and just chased success with borrowed money and look what happened to them.

1 minute ago, Nosmo-King said:

Rock life’s last accounts showed a loss of £650000 plus. Seems like that venture isn’t that successful.

I think he or she meant the training ground rather than the hotel.