oneBoro Forum

Simple changes that could improve the matchday experience

Lots of us will have taken a few moments during match days whilst watching the screens or waiting in queues to buy refreshments to consider how things could be improved.

For me the big things are to do with the kiosks for food and drink at half time. There are 15 minutes to do everything you need to do and be back in your seat for the start of the second half, I sit in the east stand and I take my son, at the moment if I want to get him to the toilet, have a fag and buy him a drink I know that I need to leave my seat around 40 minutes into the first half and I’m lucky to be back in my seat only missing a minute or so of the 2nd half. This is because the servicing you receive from the concourse is not up to scratch, it’s not always the poor service folks fault either but something needs to be done.

Ive wondered if a system of electronic ordering could be introduced whereby you order and pay for your drinks beforehand and when half time come everything is ready and it’s just a case of going to the appointed collection point to pick it up all made and ready, no faffing around because the guy next to you has got the last portion of chips and you have to wait 3 minutes for next lot to cook, or the folk in front who have waited 5 minutes minimum queueing only start to ask themselves what they want when the staff at the counter ask them.

There are many other small niggles with life on the concourse which with thought and change could be made and many of them I feel wouldn’t even cost any money to implement either like having a proper queueing system so that the concourse can allow folk to queue and others to move around without having to spot rat runs through.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd happily wait longer in a queue if I was being served real ale, but can you imagine the ridiculous mark up the club would put on it? More and more breweries are doing bottle conditioned ales t

Victories. I'd say that it would help if they had digital menus, or at least put up cards so you know when something has sold out. I queued for 10 minutes earlier in the season, only to be t

It would be a nice idea if the club actually asked the fans what improvements they could make

You know when you're stood in the concourse before a game drinking a pint of beer?

Try drinking two. Or three. Four might be too much, you might miss most of the game through repeated toilet trips.

(Actually at the moment that might not be such a bad thing.)

• Haha 1

Changing the beer/larger could help too. 😄

A pish poor pint on top of waiting and a lack of goals and effort is not a good combo imo.

A bottle bar with a quality selection a possible addition, plus manned and operated by a private non club entity who priority was quick quality service coupled with a quality product, ideals lacking in what is currently on offer by the club. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I am racking my brains trying to remember that thing we used to have that improved the match day experience. Ah yes, "GOALS"

Sadly we see them but the opposition providing them:classic_sad:

16 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You know when you're stood in the concourse before a game drinking a pint of beer?

Try drinking two. Or three. Four might be too much, you might miss most of the game through repeated toilet trips.

(Actually at the moment that might not be such a bad thing.)

Hahahahaha I wish I could but with driving to the match I’m limited to one pint pre match 😔

i remember having at least 3 in the Westminster no problem and still getting in before the kickoff.

now with kids it’s like going to the cinema, something that costs more than it should and the add ons making a second job a necessity. Lol

Victories.

I'd say that it would help if they had digital menus, or at least put up cards so you know when something has sold out.

I queued for 10 minutes earlier in the season, only to be told when I got to the front that they'd run out of chips. Quite how they ran out of something as basic as chips is a different matter.

• Like 2

The only thing with an electronic system that might not work is the fact a lot of people complain that the pints are flat when they are pre-poured in preparation for half time.

9 minutes ago, Ash said:

The only thing with an electronic system that might not work is the fact a lot of people complain that the pints are flat when they are pre-poured in preparation for half time.

A good point with the current 1 pint per pull system, but with the multipour pumps and knowing roughly how many of what type needs pouring the standing time could be reduced maybe.

or switch to bottle only... That way no standing around, no shirking on the proper pumps and flow when cleaning the system and if the bottle opener is attached by a chain to the folk opening them, no faffing around when they put it down and forget where or a colleague takes it as there only one per bar provided.

I'd happily wait longer in a queue if I was being served real ale, but can you imagine the ridiculous mark up the club would put on it?

More and more breweries are doing bottle conditioned ales though, which is the closest you could get.

There's something inherently wrong about drinking proper ale from a plastic pint glass, though.

• Like 2
Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

It would be a nice idea if the club actually asked the fans what improvements they could make

Wouldn’t it just, but more importantly acting upon the suggestions made too would be a start.

• Like 1