oneBoro Forum

Simple changes that could improve the matchday experience

1 minute ago, Naisby said:

A good point with the current 1 pint per pull system, but with the multipour pumps and knowing roughly how many of what type needs pouring the standing time could be reduced maybe.

or switch to bottle only... That way no standing around, no shirking on the proper pumps and flow system and if the bottle opener is attached by a chain to the folk opening them, no faffing around when they put it down and forget where or a colleague takes it as there only one per bar provided.

Those would be a lot better and quicker for everyone involved tbh. Some people order about six pints so that currently takes forever!

They used to do bottles of fosters a few years ago but I think it all got stopped because of health and safety. Leeds match was a nightmare because even the soft drinks had to be poured by hand into a plastic glass.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd happily wait longer in a queue if I was being served real ale, but can you imagine the ridiculous mark up the club would put on it? More and more breweries are doing bottle conditioned ales t

Victories. I'd say that it would help if they had digital menus, or at least put up cards so you know when something has sold out. I queued for 10 minutes earlier in the season, only to be t

It would be a nice idea if the club actually asked the fans what improvements they could make

5 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

It would be a nice idea if the club actually asked the fans what improvements they could make

I think they send out surveys to ST holders and hold meetings with the supporters groups (or they certainly used to)

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

Those would be a lot better and quicker for everyone involved tbh. Some people order about six pints so that currently takes forever!

They used to do bottles of fosters a few years ago but I think it all got stopped because of health and safety. Leeds match was a nightmare because even the soft drinks had to be poured by hand into a plastic glass.

They still do the bottles of fosters at the food kiosks, only way to get food and a beer without 2 queues if your not a fan of the pies.

But why do we get given Fosters instead of proper Heineken. 

1 minute ago, Ash said:

I think they send out surveys to ST holders and hold meetings with the supporters groups (or they certainly used to)

They ask but never implement or so it seems to me, and regarding surveys you never see the actual results, just a big pie chart showing what the club wants the results to say. I wonder if all the fans surveys and polls were independently audited what the results might be eh!

no goal music, Mark page sacked, the middlehaven stadium and maybe even which company makes the kit. Lol

Just now, Naisby said:

They still do the bottles of fosters at the food kiosks, only way to get food and a beer without 2 queues if your not a fan of the pies.

But why do we get given Fosters instead of proper Heineken. 

Ah, I didn't know that. Haven't been to a food stand for a long time in there. Not sure why they don't do Heineken bottles like, a lot of people have switched to that from fosters.

4 minutes ago, Naisby said:

They ask but never implement or so it seems to me, and regarding surveys you never see the actual results, just a big pie chart showing what the club wants the results to say. I wonder if all the fans surveys and polls were independently audited what the results might be eh!

no goal music, Mark page sacked, the middlehaven stadium and maybe even which company makes the kit. Lol

Oh, definitely not. I don't know a single person who wanted the goal music back yet it came back anyway. I think they just do it to seem like they're listening but they're actually just doing what they want 😂

8 minutes ago, Ash said:

Ah, I didn't know that. Haven't been to a food stand for a long time in there. Not sure why they don't do Heineken bottles like, a lot of people have switched to that from fosters.

In fairness all bottled lagers are horrible.

Apart from Birra Moretti, that's pretty decent. I'm not a lager drinker though, real ale or craft beer for me!

At least you didn't suggest Budweiser.

18 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

In fairness all bottled lagers are horrible.

Apart from Birra Moretti, that's pretty decent. I'm not a lager drinker though, real ale or craft beer for me!

At least you didn't suggest Budweiser.

I don't drink lager either, can't stand the stuff 😂

11 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/viral-sports-news/2019/04/02/new-hands-free-beer-pouring-technology-at-tottenham-ground/

I think something like this should be invested in which would speed up queues at the bar areas. 

The people who created this and the people who use this have no idea how to pour a pint, or why you're supposed to pour a pint properly by hand and it shows.

I'd agree generally but at a game I would allow the correct concept/etiquette of pint pouring to go out the window. As it is the pints arent great when poured from the draught.

I am already expecting a disappointing pint at a game the ways and means of that dont bother me. But if it allows me an extra few minutes to enjoy the disappointment then so be it. Plus the club will earn more in sales at the bar with this concept.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'd happily wait longer in a queue if I was being served real ale, but can you imagine the ridiculous mark up the club would put on it?

More and more breweries are doing bottle conditioned ales though, which is the closest you could get.

There's something inherently wrong about drinking proper ale from a plastic pint glass, though.

I remember 3 or 4 seasons ago the club did trial a couple of nice Theakstons beers in one of the North Stand concourse pop-up bars. Both were part of the 'season card free pint' deal but the trial wasn't continued for whatever reason.

4 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

I remember 3 or 4 seasons ago the club did trial a couple of nice Theakstons beers in one of the North Stand concourse pop-up bars. Both were part of the 'season card free pint' deal but the trial wasn't continued for whatever reason.

Aye, I remember that as I had a decidedly average pint of Old Peculier which they served cold for some bizarre reason.

IIRC the choices were Old Peculier, Best Bitter and I want to say Theakston Pale Ale?

XB would have been nice.

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
6 hours ago, Naisby said:

Lots of us will have taken a few moments during match days whilst watching the screens or waiting in queues to buy refreshments to consider how things could be improved.

For me the big things are to do with the kiosks for food and drink at half time. There are 15 minutes to do everything you need to do and be back in your seat for the start of the second half, I sit in the east stand and I take my son, at the moment if I want to get him to the toilet, have a fag and buy him a drink I know that I need to leave my seat around 40 minutes into the first half and I’m lucky to be back in my seat only missing a minute or so of the 2nd half. This is because the servicing you receive from the concourse is not up to scratch, it’s not always the poor service folks fault either but something needs to be done.

Ive wondered if a system of electronic ordering could be introduced whereby you order and pay for your drinks beforehand and when half time come everything is ready and it’s just a case of going to the appointed collection point to pick it up all made and ready, no faffing around because the guy next to you has got the last portion of chips and you have to wait 3 minutes for next lot to cook, or the folk in front who have waited 5 minutes minimum queueing only start to ask themselves what they want when the staff at the counter ask them.

There are many other small niggles with life on the concourse which with thought and change could be made and many of them I feel wouldn’t even cost any money to implement either like having a proper queueing system so that the concourse can allow folk to queue and others to move around without having to spot rat runs through.

That would involve actually getting signal at the game, which is sometimes a nightmare in itself