oneBoro Forum

Simple changes that could improve the matchday experience

Finally I have some relevant info, I know someone who actually works as part of the stadium staff (not a kiosk worker) and the bottom pouring system has been brought up a few time’s but tptb dismiss it due to installation costs. They want everything on the concourse kiosks as cheap as possible and refuse to consider any radical change.

To me it’s a bizarre stance, specially when you hear so many stories of people not getting served or people not buying because of how crap the stuff is.

If it was me I’d treat the concourses almost as a totally separate business, you’ve got an audience of thousands totally captured and even willing to pay the extra mark up. I’d be willing to bet with a bit of effort applied, the concourse take on a match day could easily double. Your talking 10s of thousands of pounds and in this league that is almost on a weekly basis.

I think having ordering from the stands and coming down picking up your stuff is fantasy land, a lot of the queues could be cut down by simply having 2 servers, one taking the money and one doing the drinks. You could even have someone going along the queue with a mobile POS system taking orders. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd happily wait longer in a queue if I was being served real ale, but can you imagine the ridiculous mark up the club would put on it? More and more breweries are doing bottle conditioned ales t

Victories. I'd say that it would help if they had digital menus, or at least put up cards so you know when something has sold out. I queued for 10 minutes earlier in the season, only to be t

It would be a nice idea if the club actually asked the fans what improvements they could make

3 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

I think having ordering from the stands and coming down picking up your stuff is fantasy land, a lot of the queues could be cut down by simply having 2 servers, one taking the money and one doing the drinks.

This is how things are already done now.

4 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

I think having ordering from the stands and coming down picking up your stuff is fantasy land, a lot of the queues could be cut down by simply having 2 servers, one taking the money and one doing the drinks. You could even have someone going along the queue with a mobile POS system taking orders. 

This has been happening in Germany for years 

6 hours ago, Uwe said:

This has been happening in Germany for years 

Do you honestly think we could pull that off? For a start I can barely get on the sky sports app to check scores during a game never mind order and pay for food. The kiosks are tiny and would need a designated pick up area.

Just now, Duvel said:

The service in the concourse is like the chairman, stuck in the 1990s. 

I think your being very generous, at most peak times I think the service on the concourse is “ just stuck “ 😁