• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

Excellent post @Erimus74. Some cracking memories. Jimmy Floyd also represented us and Charlton. 

Team wise. Nice to see Britt n Fletcher back. Both on bench.

I would go with

Pears

Howson Shotton Harold Johnson

Clayton

Spence Wing Tav Coulson

Rudy

Subs: Stojanovic Wood Paddy Sav Nmecha Britt Fletch.

I might get criticised for being Pulis-lite with two wing backs as wingers but i feel we need pace down flanks and plenty of balls in box. Spence & Coulson offer that.

Result. I am going for 2-1 to us based on nothing other than my own stupidity and love for our team

• Like 3

Who knows which team will turn up. So we seen an improved BORO against Leeds and Forest and picked up how many points? Well that’s what we need, points not improved performances and we need an average of 1.3 points over 10 games. 

The good news is we have had more shots and scored a few goals and we should take some comfort into the next game. IF, and it’s a big if, Woody does not swap players and formation, again. 

I think we can win if, Woody learns to read games and substitute players who can change the game and who contribute, but I have little faith in his ability. But in the hour of need, a call to arms, I’m giving him my support and wish him and the players well. Prediction  a 2-1 win. UTB 

I hope we set up in a 4231 like we did against forest, I'd go,

Pears

Spence Shotton Moukudi Coulson

McNair Saville

Tav Wing Morrison

Rudy

I reckon Saville and McNair are a strong partnership for in the middle of the park, we need to take the game to Charlton so 2 quick full backs pushing on with Tav and Morrison cutting in more and Rudy did well against Forest and I like how we had runners going last him from midfield which Forest struggled with and I think Charlton will too.

Predicting 2-0 Boro, Wing brace

33 minutes ago, mj south said:

I hope we set up in a 4231 like we did against forest, I'd go,

Pears

Spence Shotton Moukudi Coulson

McNair Saville

Tav Wing Morrison

Rudy

I reckon Saville and McNair are a strong partnership for in the middle of the park, we need to take the game to Charlton so 2 quick full backs pushing on with Tav and Morrison cutting in more and Rudy did well against Forest and I like how we had runners going last him from midfield which Forest struggled with and I think Charlton will too.

Predicting 2-0 Boro, Wing brace

No Howson?

I'd have him in ahead of Saville and McNair.

Sounds like it was definitely an attitude/effort issue keeping Spence out of the side recently, judging from Woodgate's comment.

Roberts may be fit for Swansea, though I think I'd be tempted to wait till the next game.

11 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Excellent post @Erimus74. Some cracking memories. Jimmy Floyd also represented us and Charlton. 

Team wise. Nice to see Britt n Fletcher back. Both on bench.

I would go with

Pears

Howson Shotton Harold Johnson

Clayton

Spence Wing Tav Coulson

Rudy

Subs: Stojanovic Wood Paddy Sav Nmecha Britt Fletch.

I might get criticised for being Pulis-lite with two wing backs as wingers but i feel we need pace down flanks and plenty of balls in box. Spence & Coulson offer that.

Result. I am going for 2-1 to us based on nothing other than my own stupidity and love for our team

Really like that team... looks solid but still got some pace where we need it. We need to win so bloody badly tomorrow. 

Crunch game at Charlton with a manager under pressure. Why do I have deja vu... 

14 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Now imagine us going on a never-ending winning streak so we can get Erimus to do all our match threads 😄

I can imagine this but just in case we do have Boro_Unger up next:classic_smile:

• Like 2

As I will be at the game my quest to watch Quest on Saturday night takes a back seat cos I will know what to expect!

Highly significant games on Saturday as follows assuming Boro win:

Wigan V Luton (draw or away win for me)

Birmingham V Reading (draw best)

Leeds V Huddersfield (Home win)

Barnsley V Cardiff (Away win but can see a draw or home win here)

Stoke V Hull (Draw best for us or Stoke win)

Brentford V Sheff Wed (due to possible points deduction) (Home win)

PNE V QPR (Home win)

15 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Now imagine us going on a never-ending winning streak so we can get Erimus to do all our match threads 😄

I would be quite happy with that! 😁

Though Erimus might find it a bit of a pain, having to go to his archives, week after week, for new facts, trivia and historical events.

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I would be quite happy with that! 😁

Though Erimus might find it a bit of a pain, having to go to his archives, week after week, for new facts, trivia and historical events.

They seem to manage it pretty much every day! I have to say @Erimus74, I'd love to see your filing system given how quickly you seem to pull everything out!