oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 1-0 (McNair)

Yeah it will be Johnson behind Coulson. This team should be capable of beating Charlton. I just hope that if it doesn't bear any goaly fruit that Woodgate doesn't throw on all 3 of the strikers on his bench and sacrifice literally anything in favour of doing it.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

You've got your left hand side the wrong way round, if it's the same as Forest it's Johnson LB and Coulson LW.

In future I think I'll do formations the other way around and start with the striker(s), so I don't have to remember to switch my left & right... 🤦‍♂️

That said it still seems wrong to have a listed defender & midfielder swapping roles.

8 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I thought it looked more like a 4231. If we are getting beat he can bring off wing, Tav and Coulson then go 4 up top again. 

Ya. Looks like the same formation as the last game. Glad he kept it consistent to start. Hopefully he wont be hesitant to sub players this game.

Saville is a far better fit as part of a two man holding midfield than McNair. McNair’s main strength is running forward with the ball, which removes the defensive protection that two holding midfielders are designed to provide, so I would much rather have Saville in this 4-2-3-1 than McNair.

Hopefully Stojanovic can put in a solid performance today. If we lose today then it’s time to panic as we’ll be staring down the barrel at relegation.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Saville is a far better fit as part of a two man holding midfield than McNair. McNair’s main strength is running forward with the ball, which removes the defensive protection that two holding midfielders are designed to provide, so I would much rather have Saville in this 4-2-3-1 than McNair.

Hopefully Stojanovic can put in a solid performance today. If we lose today then it’s time to panic as we’ll be staring down the barrel at relegation.

True, Saville is much better positionally than McNair. I get the impression that Paddy isn't too fond of the defensive side of playing midfield. 

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

It's the defence which worries me, I suppose Charlton are not full strength though. 

Its the midfield that worries me, bad habit of going missing for long periods of the game which puts the defense under long spells of pressure.

27 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I'm predicting a Boro win and the term "that was liquid football" used at least twice during the game on this thread.

Hmm...liquid can cover a whole range of things, from vintage wine to diarrhoea...

Lets hope its the former and not the latter...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1