oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 1-0 (McNair)

Just now, boroie said:

Scarily tight at the bottom

image.png.543756dddbbab5ab1956ea86870c429e.png

It does look a little bit better than it did this morning @boroie. It would have been a lot more scary if we hadn’t won 

• Like 4
  • Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

Results went well for us today, good to watch a positive performance, we managed to attack more than we have recently, albeit against a poor side.

I didn’t feel too uncomfortable in the final minutes, I know that we always moan that we sit back to defend a one goal lead, but most teams do, all fans think it’s something that only their team does. 

Great 3 pints. 

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

It does look a little bit better than it did this morning @boroie. It would have been a lot more scary if we hadn’t won 

Yeah if we had lost that then suddenly theres a big gap forming between us and safety. Was a vital win!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I wonder if Woody will try and cheer Bowyer up by taking him out clubbing or something? 🤔

Maybe they will go for a happy meal? 

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

What teams are possibly getting a point deduction? And how many will it likely be?

Sheff Wed and Derby are both under investigation. I think it could be up to 12, but would likely be around the same 9 points Birmingham got docked last season.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

What teams are possibly getting a point deduction? And how many will it likely be?

IIRC Derby for that stadium-selling shenanigans and Sheffield Wednesday for failure to comply with FFP regs.

No idea how many points they may get knocked off though. Think the penalties are quite harsh now...more than 3 anyway.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Sheff Wed and Derby

Minimum of 9 if it happens.

I still don't think the EFL have the guts, Sheff Wed are only 9 points above the drop right now.

I hope they prove me wrong.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Results went well for us today, good to watch a positive performance, we managed to attack more than we have recently, albeit against a poor side.

I didn’t feel too uncomfortable in the final minutes, I know that we always moan that we sit back to defend a one goal lead, but most teams do, all fans think it’s something that only their team does. 

Great 3 pints. 

More than 3 'pints' i think. Long time since we celebrated. 😂😂

• Haha 1

With regards to the game, I thought for the first two thirds of the pitch we were thoroughly excellent all day, but yet again our heads go in that final third - Tav was especially guilty of this, but Tav, Coulson, McNair all fired efforts either massively high or wide. 

That was Wings best game in a long time and he definitely suits that role far more than the deeper midfield. Able to get up and support play and he played a number of absolutely killer balls through too - could have had his 8th of the season if not for a great save by the keeper.

Gestede was phenomenal today; I often complain about how he seems unable to head anything, but he had a magnet for a head today, was flicking almost everything on. Holding the ball up well, getting the midfield runners involved. If this is how we're finishing the season Gestede starts as often as possible from now on.

The above is a sentence I never thought I would ever write.

McNair looked back to his marauding best, Howson got over his little wobble too with a fantastic game at RB, Coulson and Johnson are a really good left sided pairing IMO, enjoy watching them together. 

Shotton calmed his game down second half, with the amount of times he was trying to steal in front of attackers first half I was convinced he was going off but fair play to him, he changed his game slightly to fit what he had to do and him and Moukoudi were great.

And Stojanovic, positioning was excellent, didn't have to make any difficult saves, came out to make some good clearances and almost all of his kicks went straight to a Middlesbrough player, something I'm not usually used to seeing.

Criticisms are again we sat a little too deep - you know when a team is losing going int othe last few minutes they're going to come at you, but to collapse all the way back to your own 18 yard box is too much. Subs a little weird to me too, Saville for McNair just seemed unnecessary and Tav stayed on the pitch too long. Also our decision making / finishing ability in the final 3rd. Honestly if we were even semi competent at finding the back of the net we run away 3 or 4 nil winners today I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2